- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 84
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What are the Different Types of Numbers?
Course SummaryThe College Algebra Online Tutoring Solution course is a flexible and affordable way to raise your grade or get help in areas where you're struggling. Each tutorial is taught in a simple and fun video format and organized to follow the sequence of a typical college algebra course.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How it works:
- Begin your exam review, assignment or other college algebra work.
- Identify the concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find the video tutorials on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Test your understanding with quizzes and practice exams.
Who's it for?
This tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn college algebra material and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding complex numbers, rational expressions, exponentials or any other college algebra topic.
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their math learning
- Prefer learning math visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing college algebra
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in college algebra
- Don't have access to their math teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning college algebra simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For about 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live algebra tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn college algebra on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Discover the various parts of a graph and learn to write linear equations.
- Define a matrix and practice graphing absolute value equations.
- Learn about set notation and compound inequalities.
- Study techniques for factoring quadratic equations and multiplying binomials.
- Review methods for solving problems with imaginary numbers and complex numbers.
- Identify five main exponent properties and learn how to simplify expressions with exponents.
- Discover how to divide and multiply rational expressions.
- Use function notation and explore the steps for finding inverse functions.
- Evaluate logarithms, solve logarithmic equations and complete practice problems.
- Discover how to use the binomial theorem and complete factorial examples.
- Classify a geometric sequence and use summation notation.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Affordable Online Christian Colleges
- Most Affordable Colleges
- List of Free Online Algebra Courses and Lessons
- Colleges with Online Courses in Multimedia Communications
- List of Free Online IT Courses and Tutorials
- What Are University and College Courses?
- How To Find Equivalent College Courses
- How Online Courses Work Video
- Affordable Hobbies for College Students: How to Have Fun Without Going Broke
- Online College Math Course Descriptions and Requirements
- Occupational Therapy Course in Sacramento
- Data Security Analyst Job Description Duties and Requirements
- Telecommunications Specialist Job Description and Requirements for Becoming a Telecommunications Specialist
- Quality Systems Manager Job Responsibilities Requirements and Career Info
- Clinical Education Nurse Job Description Duties and Requirements
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses