- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 138
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Metric System: Units and Conversion
Course SummaryThis tutoring course can help you get ahead in your college chemistry classes or catch up where you're struggling. Our video lessons allow you to study the information you need assistance with, from any mobile device at any time, as you prepare for an upcoming test or lab.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How it works:
- Begin your exam review, assignment or other college chemistry work.
- Identify the concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find the video tutorials on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Test your understanding with quizzes and practice exams.
Who's it for?
This tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn college chemistry material and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding chemical bonding, solutions, stoichiometry, thermodynamics or any other college chemistry topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their science learning
- Prefer learning science visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing college chemistry
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in chemistry
- Don't have access to their science teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning chemistry simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For about 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live college chemistry tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn chemistry on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Learn how to perform unit conversions.
- Become familiar with the properties of atoms.
- Name the properties of groups and periods in the periodic table.
- Predict the products of nuclear reactions.
- Draw Lewis dot structures and understand the properties of different types of bonds.
- Discuss kinetic molecular theory.
- Use the ideal gas law to calculate the temperature, volume, pressure or quantity of a gas.
- Explain how solutions are formed.
- Perform stoichiometric calculations.
- Describe different types of chemical reactions.
- Provide examples of chemical and dynamic equilibrium.
- List the factors that affect the rate of a chemical reaction.
- Discuss the relationship between enthalpy and entropy.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Classes Helped ME Get Ahead in College
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- What to Do When You're on Community College Class Waiting Lists
- Online Physical Chemistry Course and Class Information
- Miami Make Up Schools with Class and Course Information
- Get Ahead! Take Community College Classes During High School
- Tax Preparer Courses and Classes Overview
- Preparing for Community College Placement Tests
- Chemistry Courses and Classes Overview
- Car-Sharing Helps College Students Get Mobile
- New Jersey Graduate Schools
- Print Design Job Description and Info for Students Considering a Career As a Print Designer
- Accounting Degree Top Ranked School for Accounting and Financial Management Degrees - Tampa FL
- Computer Engineering Top Rated Computer Engineering School - Roanoke VA
- Graphic Design Colleges in Georgia
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses