- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 247
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Earth Science?
Course SummaryIf you're falling behind in your college earth science classes, take a look at the study materials included in this Earth Science: Help and Review course. Easy-to-understand lessons work through earth science topics bit-by-bit, so you can be sure you understand each concept before moving on. Use these resources to supplement your class materials, as a tutoring resource or for help with a homework assignment.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help understanding college earth science will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding earthquakes, global warming, hurricanes and volcanoes or any other earth science topic.
- Need an efficient way to learn about college earth science.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra science learning resources at school.
How it works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the College Earth Science final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study with Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- What are the different periods of geologic time and earth's history?
- What are some of the key properties of matter?
- How have external and internal forces affected the earth's surface?
- How and why do the earth's plates move?
- What are the differences between minerals and rocks?
- What are some of the key features of igneous, metamorphic and sedimentary rocks?
- How do erosion and weathering affect soil?
- How are glaciers and mountains formed?
- What's the difference between ground and running water?
- What are some of the major features of ocean water?
- How is global warming affecting the earth's atmosphere?
- How do climate and weather differ?
- What happens during an earthquake, hurricane or volcano?
- What's the difference between non-renewable and renewable resources?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- List of Free Online Earth Science Courses and Classes
- TExMaT Master Science Teacher 8-12: Earth Materials
- Jobs Related to Earth Science
- Radiation Science Courses and Classes
- Earth Science
- MRI Science Courses and Classes Overview
- Medical Science Courses and Classes Overview
- Audio Science Courses and Classes Overview
- Online Courses and Classes in Health Sciences
- Natural Science Courses: Class Overviews
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses