- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 108
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What are the Different Types of Numbers?
Course SummarySet your own learning pace with our flexible College Mathematics for Teachers professional development course. By reviewing these video and text lessons, you can prepare to earn college credits to apply towards your licensure renewal or to refresh your knowledge of these subjects.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How It Works
Earn professional development credits to renew your math teaching license with College Mathematics for Teachers. Brush up on mathematics topics so you can better teach mathematics, algebra, geometry, calculus and other relevant subjects. Learn on your own schedule and at your own pace. You can complete this course in under two weeks - perfect for teachers who need to earn mathematics credits in a hurry!
- Watch engaging video lessons about graphing and functions.
- Check your knowledge of things like complex numbers and statistics with practice quizzes and exams.
- Ask clarification questions from our expert mathematics instructors.
- Earn 3 college credits by taking the CLEP college mathematics exam.
Always check with your school district or state Department of Education to ensure that the course credits will be accepted before beginning the course. CLEP credits are accepted by over 2,900 schools and directly by many state departments of education.
Who's It For?
College Mathematics for Teachers is ideal for any teacher looking to earn credits to use towards licensure renewal. The flexible, self-paced format makes it easy to fit your studies into a busy schedule. The course is fully online, so you can study anytime, anywhere. This course also benefits:
- Mathematics teachers who want to brush up on college mathematics
- Teachers who want to incorporate engaging college mathematics videos into their instruction
- Teachers planning a college mathematics unit or course
- Aspiring mathematics teachers
Why It Works
- Fun and Engaging: Animations and interesting examples make college mathematics easy to learn.
- Expert Instructors: Expert college mathematics instructors break difficult concepts down so they are easy to remember.
- Practice Makes Perfect: Quizzes and practice exams let you review college mathematics terminology and key concepts and track what you've mastered.
- Quick and Flexible: Learn on your own schedule and on any device. You could earn college mathematics credits in less than two weeks.
- Access our full library of professional development courses for teachers, including Algebra for Teachers, Calculus for Teachers, and Contemporary Math for Teachers.
- Find 10,000 engaging lessons that you can use in your classroom or assign out to students.
- Watch more lessons in college mathematics as well as algebra, pre-calculus, calculus, and other math topics.
- Earn transferable college credit for dozens of courses.
Evaluate This Course
After you've worked through all or part of the course, please share your feedback with us! We take the quality of our lessons and courses very seriously and appreciate any comments on how we can improve your experience. If you'd like to let us know how effective you found this course, please fill out our survey by clicking on this link.
Course Plan for Earning Credit in Less Than Two Weeks
Follow this course plan if you want to complete College Mathematics for Teachers and be ready to earn transferable credit in less than two weeks. For each chapter assignment, take all of the lesson quizzes and the practice chapter exam at the end of each chapter. If you miss any questions, review the video lesson to master the concept.
|Day||Chapter||What You'll Learn|
|Day 1||Chapter 1||Math Foundations (types of numbers, prime factorization, the least common multiple, the distance formula, the midpoint formula)|
|Day 2||Chapter 2||Linear Equations (definition of a linear equation, standard form, how to graph linear equations, system of equations)|
|Day 3||Chapter 3||Solving and Graphing Inequalities (definition of an inequality, how to solve and graph 1- and 2-variable inequalities and absolute value inequalities)|
|Day 4||Chapter 4||Graphing and Factoring Quadratic Equations (definition of a parabola, three forms of parabolas, multiplication of binomials, factoring quadratic equations)|
|Day 5||Chapter 5|
|Complex and Imaginary Numbers (definitions; how to add, subtract and multiply complex numbers; how to graph a complex number on the complex plane)|
Properties of Exponents (five main exponent properties, how to simplify expressions with exponents, rational exponents)
|Day 6||Chapter 7||Properties of Polynomial Functions (how to graph cubics, quartics and quintics; how to add, subtract, divide and multiply polynomials; how to use synthetic division)|
|Day 7||Chapter 8||Simplifying and Solving Rational Expressions (how to multiply, divide, add and subtract rational expressions; how to solve a rational equation)|
|Day 8||Chapter 9||Properties of Functions (key terms; transformations; how to add, subtract, multiply and divide functions)|
|Day 9||Chapter 10||Logarithms and Exponential Equations (definition of an exponential function, logarithmic properties, how to solve exponential equations)|
|Day 10||Chapter 11||Logic (critical thinking, logical fallacies, logical math connectors, logical equivalence)|
|Day 11||Chapter 12||Sets (mathematical sets, types of subsets, categorical propositions, Venn diagrams)|
|Day 12||Chapter 13||Probability and Statistics (pie charts; bar graphs; how to calculate mean, median, mode and range)|
|Day 13||Chapter 14||Geometry (properties of shapes, the Pythagorean Theorem, similar triangles, how to solve angles, definition of perpendicular, parallel and transversal lines)|
|Day 14||Final Exam||Take the practice final exam to see what you've mastered and make sure you are ready to earn credit for college mathematics.|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Get $1000 for Earning College Credit!
- Professional Development Courses for Teachers
- College Student Uses Free Courses and the CLEP Exam to Earn Low-Cost Credits
- Boston College Video Review
- Providence College Video Review
- North Dakota Teacher Licensure Renewal
- College Student Gets Paid $1000 for Using Free Course to Earn College Credit
- Is IT Possible to Earn College Credit for Free?
- Earn College Credit for Job & Life Experiences with Prior Learning Assessments
- Can I Earn Credit From Two Community Colleges at Once?
- Early Childhood Education Top University for Earning a Degree in Early Childhood Education - Hartford CT
- Pharmacy Technician School Top School for Becoming a Pharmacy Technician - Dallas Texas
- Human Resource Management MBA Top Ranked Masters Degree Program in Human Resource Management - Salt Lake City UT
- Tax Assessor Courses
- Top School Offering Courses and Training in Web Design - Sacramento CA
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses