- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 230
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What are the Different Types of Numbers?
Course SummaryWe can help you get a better grade in your college prep math class or study for a math placement exam with our flexible college preparatory mathematics review course. Watch these fun video lessons at your own pace, and then test your skills with the accompanying multiple-choice quizzes.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
|Course Progress||Best Score|
|Lesson 1 - What is a Percent? - Definition & Examples||Take Quiz|
|Lesson 2 - Converting Fractions to Percents||Take Quiz|
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help understanding college preparatory mathematics will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding exponential, linear and quadratic equations; imaginary numbers, logarithms, rational expressions or any other college preparatory math topic.
- Need an efficient way to learn about math.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra math learning resources at school.
How it works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the College Preparatory Mathematics final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study with Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- What are linear equations and some of their practical applications?
- How can I graph and solve inequalities?
- What are the steps for factoring quadratic equations?
- How do I add, subtract, multiply and divide complex numbers?
- What is an imaginary number?
- What are the properties of exponents, functions and polynomials?
- How do I simplify and solve a rational expression?
- What is a logarithm?
- How do I calculate the probability of events?
- What are mathematical sets, and how do they relate to each other?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- College Math Courses and Classes Overview
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- What Are Some Colleges that Offer Online Math Courses?
- What Is the Best College that Offers Online Mathematics Courses?
- Boston College Video Review
- Providence College Video Review
- Math Courses Online: Distance Learning College Math Programs
- Online College Math Course Descriptions and Requirements
- Which Looks Better on a College Resume - Online College Courses or Community College Classes?
- Preparing for Community College Placement Tests
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses