- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 344
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Why Study Psychology? - Overview & Experiments
Course SummaryBoost your knowledge of fundamental psychology topics with this self-paced and convenient help and review course. Through a series of engaging lessons and quizzes, this course offers students a fast and effective way to study for tests, improve their grades and supplement their psychology textbooks.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering introductory psychology material will benefit from taking this course. There is no faster or easier way to learn about introductory psychology. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding the biological bases of behavior, developmental psychology, psychological disorders, cognition or any other introductory psychology topics.
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning psychology (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about introductory psychology
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra psychology learning resources
How it works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review
- Press play and watch the video lesson
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Intro to Psychology final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any introductory psychology question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this chapter, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- What were some of the early approaches to the study of psychology?
- What are some of the biological bases of human behavior?
- What is perception and sensation?
- What are the different states of consciousness?
- How do human beings learn?
- What is cognition?
- How do psychologists study emotion, motivation and personality?
- What is developmental psychology?
- What are some major topics in social psychology?
- How are psychological and neurological disorders treated?
- How do psychologists treat patients?
- What are the statistics, tests and measurements that are commonly used in psychology?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- What Are Some Top Psychology Colleges that Offer Online Courses?
- Overview of Behavioral Psychology Courses
- Online Developmental Psychology Courses
- Developmental Psychology Courses & Course Description
- Online Courses in Criminal Psychology: Course Descriptions
- Are Online Courses Self-paced at Howard Community College?
- Child Psychology Course and Class Descriptions
- Family Psychology Courses and Training Programs
- Abnormal Psychology Course and Class Information
- Organizational Psychology Courses and Classes Overview
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses