- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 194
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Nurse Aide: Definition & Duties
Course SummaryLet us help you prepare for the Colorado Pearson CNA test with this engaging and fun study guide course. Our video and text lessons outline all the topics you'll need to know on exam day so you can study wisely and pass this certification exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Our informative training course is designed to provide you with all the topics you'll find on the Colorado Pearson CNA test. Each of our video and text lessons is followed by a multiple-choice quiz you can use to test your understanding or see how ready you are to take the exam. If you need to go back and review any portions of a video lesson again, use the video tabs feature in the Timeline to skip directly where you need to go. If you prefer to study offline, our printable lesson transcripts make handy study guides that cover key concepts and terms. After completing this course, you should understand the following:
- The nurse aide's role, nursing communication and patient rights
- Safety and basic hygiene for nurses
- Infection and asepsis control and patient injuries and infections
- Emergency situations, emergency procedures and care
- Personal care, circulation and skin integrity concerns and nutrition basics
- Understanding fluid and electrolyte balance, rest, elimination basics and sleep
- Assistive devices and mobility, plus psychosocial concerns for nurses
- Physical impairments and physical assessment techniques
- Pain management and pain, plus mental health concepts
- The aging process and end of life care
About the Exam
The purpose of the Colorado Pearson CNA test is to certify nurse aides in the state of Colorado. The test is made up of two parts, both of which must be passed and taken on the same day for certification. For the first portion of the test, candidates may choose between a written examination or an oral examination if they have difficulty reading English. The written portion consists of 70 multiple-choice nursing questions, while the oral exam consists of 60 questions and 10 reading comprehension questions administered on an MP3 player. In the skills examination, you'll be given 25 minutes to perform five nurse aid skills correctly. You must complete all five skills to successfully pass this portion of the exam.
Colorado Pearson CNA Test Preparation & Registration
Our video and text lessons take the guess work out of getting ready for the Colorado Pearson CNA test. You can re-watch any videos and re-take the multiple-choice quizzes as many times as you need to in order to feel good about your preparedness for the exam. If you need any help as you complete the lessons, you're welcome to reach out to an instructor for assistance. These learning materials are available on any mobile device or computer 24 hours a day for flexible studying.
The process to apply and pay for the Colorado Pearson CNA test is completed online at the Pearson website. Test-takers are encouraged to visit the website for an updated schedule of fees. Candidates must arrive 30 minutes early for their scheduled exam and provide two eligible pieces of identification, three sharpened No. 2 pencils, an eraser and a watch with a second hand.
Colorado Pearson CNA test is a registered trademark of Pearson Education Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- CNA Certification Test: A Detailed Look at the CNA Exam
- Student Passes Calculus CLEP Exam After Using Study.com's Online Videos to Study for Just Five Days
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- How Video Games Help Children with ADHD Study & Have Fun
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- Why Even Smart Students Still Need to Study for an Open-Book Exam
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- What to Do When Your Study Group Isn't Helping You Succeed on Exams
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses