- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 144
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Why Communication Matters in the Workplace
Course SummaryLearn more about the topics of presentation delivery, communication and diversity with our interactive review course on effective communication in the workplace. Whether you need to get caught up in class or need a flexible, convenient study guide, our video lessons and quizzes can help you learn essential topics related to workplace communication.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering effective communication in the workplace material will benefit from taking this course. There is no faster or easier way to learn effective communication in the workplace. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding group communication, business reports and proposals, resumes and cover letters, presentation delivery, communication and diversity, or any other effective workplace communication topic
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning communications (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about effective communication in the workplace
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra communications learning resources
How it works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the effective communication in the workplace final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any effective workplace communication question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Learn Effective Communication: Classes and Courses
- Online Business Communication Course and Class Reviews
- Electronic Communication Courses and Classes Overview
- Digital Communication Course and Class Descriptions
- Learn Communications
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Why You Need to Learn to Budget Before Starting Community College
- Distance Learning Diploma in Communication with Course Info
- Online Classes in Communication Disorders
- Overview of Courses for Communication Technicians
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses