- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 27
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Leadership: Leaders & Their Role in Organizations
Course SummaryThe chapters in this online communication skills course are composed of a series of engaging lessons and assessments. The course is designed to help team leaders and managerial employees strengthen their professional communication skills and abilities.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
These lessons and related assessments will help your team leaders improve their skills and understanding regarding the role of communication in leadership. It also covers team goal setting, how to improve communication skills and power in communication.
How It Works
Our professional instructors have assembled these chapters as an effective way for team leaders to learn about leadership communication. The mobile-device-compatible lessons are short, and the quizzes can either be taken online or printed out.
As part of corporate training, your company's team can use this course to:
- Review the engaging lessons to learn about leadership and communication
- Test what they've learned with lesson quizzes
- Access the help tabs to ask our instructors for assistance
- Complete the chapter exam for a final assessment of their knowledge
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: Team leaders who complete this course will learn about the importance of effective communication when leading a team.
- Improves communication skills: These lessons were not only made to inform employees of the importance of effective communication but also improve their communication skills.
- Enhances team productivity: Effective communication is key to a team's success, especially from the team's leader. Boosting the leader's communication skills will also boost the team's effectiveness.
|Chapter||Topics & Objective|
|Leadership in Communication||Review what a leader's role is in an organization, the role of communication and ways of resolving conflict.|
|Leadership in Team Goal-Setting||Discover what to keep in mind when setting goals and how to best organize teams to meet those goals.|
|Communication Skills for Team Leaders||Study some of the factors that impact effective communication, and discuss how to work with/around them.|
|Power in Communication & Leadership||Learn about the different types of power, how they relate to communication and how they can affect a team leader's authority.|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Communication Skills Course Information
- Online Communication Skills Continuing Education Courses
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Sharpen Communication Skills in College
- Professional Skills
- Online Business Communication Course and Class Reviews
- Overview of Courses for Communication Technicians
- Jobs that Require Strong Communication Skills
- Careers that Require Strong Communication Skills
- Communication Skills Training and Education Program Information
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses