- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 32
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Communication Process
Course SummaryThis training course helps managerial employees and supervisors better understand the importance of communication skills in management and improve their own communication skills. You can assign these professional development lessons to your employees at any time that's convenient.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
The lessons and assessments that make up the chapters of this course cover how communication skills are important to developing managerial skills. Your employees can learn about the different styles of communication, how to give feedback and how to communicate during difficult situations.
|Chapter||Topics & Objective|
|Communication in Management||Learn about what effective communication is, the communication process and business etiquette.|
|Communication Styles & Skills||Discover the different types of communication and their effects on the workplace.|
|Coaching & Feedback in Management||Develop skills giving feedback in a way that empowers employees and boosts productivity.|
|Communication in Meetings & Presentations||Improve meeting planning abilities and giving well-communicated, effective presentations.|
|Effective Communication in Difficult Situations||Review strategies used to deliver negative messages, communicate through difficult situations and resolve conflict.|
By the end of this course, managers & supervisors will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of strong communications skills in management
- Develop skills to effectively manage their organizational talent
- Learn key performance management skills
- Enhance general management skills such as planning, organizing & directing
- Motivate their employees to perform to the best of their abilities
How It Works
These lessons have been designed to be the perfect way for people with busy schedules to study managerial communication. The lessons are short and mobile device compatible, so employees' studies aren't restricted to their time at a desk, and the quizzes can either be taken online or on printed copies.
To take advantage of the utility of this course, your managers and supervisors can:
- Complete the short, engaging lessons that will help them review information on managerial communication
- Take the lesson's quizzes to discover topics they don't understand
- Ask our expert instructors for assistance
- Re-assess their knowledge at the end of the chapter with the practice chapter exam
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Communication Skills Course Information
- Communication Skills Training and Education Program Information
- Online Communication Skills Continuing Education Courses
- Sharpen Communication Skills in College
- Professional Skills
- Typing Practice, Skill Development and Training Lessons
- Jobs that Require Strong Communication Skills
- Careers that Require Strong Communication Skills
- 3 Soft Skills That You Should Make Sure All New Employees Have
- How to Become an Employee Training Specialist
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses