- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 32
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Communication? - Definition & Importance
Course SummaryThe ability to communicate effectively is an important skill in the pharmacy field. Help your company's pharmacists develop core communication skills by utilizing these entertaining and informative lessons in your training sessions.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
As a pharmacist, clear communication is crucial when working with doctors to interpret orders, patients to dispense medication and co-workers to organize pharmaceuticals and manage other duties. This course takes a look at the communication skills pharmacists need to succeed at their jobs. Chapters in this course are broken into short video and text lessons that explore interpersonal and written communication, conflict management and other types of communication. Each lesson is accompanied by a short quiz you can use to assess your trainees' understanding of communication skills for pharmacists. A comprehensive course exam is also available to reinforce lesson concepts.
How It Works
Video lessons average about 5 minutes each and text lessons are brief, making them easy to incorporate into training sessions for busy pharmacists.
Some training features this course offers include:
- Short video and text lessons that cover communication types, skills and other topics
- Self-assessment quizzes designed to test pharmacists' knowledge of each lesson
- Practice exams used to reinforce concepts covered in each chapter
- Mobile functionality that allows trainees to access course resources from any smartphone or tablet
- Access to experts who can answer questions about lesson topics or other course material
How It Helps
- Enhances written and verbal communication: Lessons provide tips and strategies for helping pharmacists develop and enhance their written and verbal communication skills.
- Strengthens relationships: This course explores interpersonal relationships and conflict management to help pharmacists work more effectively with patients, doctors and co-workers.
- Builds ethical and cultural awareness: Pharmacists learn about ethics in communication and why cultural competency and the use of nondiscriminatory language are important.
|Chapter||Topics & Objectives|
|Interpersonal Communication for Pharmacists||Study the importance of communication, skills for professionalism in communication, interpersonal relationship theories, collaboration in healthcare, interprofessional communication, how to build trust in relationships, basics of pharmacist-patient relationships and how to be an empathic communicator.|
|Influences on Interpersonal Communication||Examine the importance of ethics and cultural competency in communication, the role culture plays in nonverbal communication and how communication is impacted by influences on emotional expression.|
|Types & Components of Communication for Pharmacists||Review types of communication, theories and techniques of persuasive communication, the concept of immediacy in communication, the five stages of change model and strategies for gaining compliance and managing resistance.|
|Conflict Management for Pharmacists||Examine styles and strategies of conflict management, behaviors associated with assertive communication skills, verbal aggressiveness vs. argumentativeness and ways that different cultures respond to conflict.|
|Written Communication for Pharmacists||Learn about written communication in business, how to determine the purpose of a written message, ways to adapt the message by analyzing the audience, how to interpret the voice and tone of the message, ways to proofread the message and the importance of using nondiscriminatory language in business communication.|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Communication Skills Training and Education Program Information
- College Activities That Develop Important Soft Skills
- Why Writing Skills Are More Important Than Ever
- Java Developer: Skills & Training
- Typing Practice, Skill Development and Training Lessons
- Sharpen Communication Skills in College
- What Are the Praxis Core Academic Skills Tests?
- Online Communication Skills Course Information
- Jobs that Require Strong Communication Skills
- Careers that Require Strong Communication Skills
- What Is the Difference Between a Claims Adjuster a Claims Examiner
- Visual Communications Designer Job Duties and Requirements for the Visual Communications Designing Professions
- Masters in Computer Science in Massachusetts
- Baking and Pastry Degree Program in Colorado
- Divorce Lawyer Job Outlook and Information About Starting a Career in a Divorce Law
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses