- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 40
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Types of Communication: Interpersonal, Non-Verbal, Written & Oral
Course SummaryUse the entertaining lessons in this chapter during your corporate training sessions to help your sales professionals improve their communication skills. Your sales team will be ready to utilize important verbal, non-verbal and listening skills along with helpful communication techniques.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Communication Skills for Sales Professionals - Chapter Summary
Communication skills are crucial to the success of sales professionals. Use the engaging lessons in this informative chapter to ensure your sales professionals understand different styles of communication in sales and grasp techniques they can use to communicate effectively with clients. This chapter looks at the difference between verbal and non-verbal skills needed by salespeople. It also examines critical listening and persuasive communication skills as they pertain to sales.
Feel free to utilize the lessons in this chapter in any manner that can aid your corporate training sessions. Share all lessons with your sales team, or select only those that meet the goals of your training. Multiple-choice quizzes and a practice exam are available to help your sales team check its understanding of the communication skills covered in this chapter.
How It Helps
- Creates a foundation: Your sales professionals can get a well-rounded understanding of the basics and various styles of communication in sales.
- Details skills: Lessons define and describe different types of skills needed in sales, including verbal, non-verbal, listening and persuasive communication.
- Lists techniques: This chapter lists helpful techniques your team can use to succeed as sales professionals.
Upon completion of this chapter, sales professionals in your organization will be able to do the following:
- Discuss basic communication concepts for sales
- List and describe various styles of communication in sales
- Differentiate between and utilize verbal and non-verbal skills in sales
- Understand and enhance their listening skills on the job
- Define and utilize persuasive communication
- Incorporate communication techniques into their sales approaches
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Communication Skills Training and Education Program Information
- Sharpen Communication Skills in College
- Professional Skills
- Online Communication Skills Course Information
- Careers that Require Strong Communication Skills
- Jobs that Require Strong Communication Skills
- Online Communication Skills Continuing Education Courses
- Why Writing Skills Are More Important Than Ever
- Typing Practice, Skill Development and Training Lessons
- Poor Communication Skills Hurt Students in Recruiting Process
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses