- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 138
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Are Nouns? - Definition, Types & Examples
Course SummaryAccess this convenient help and review course at any time to refresh your understanding of English language and composition topics. These engaging lessons and self-assessments can help you strengthen your English skills, write better essays, prepare for exams or complete homework assignments.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help understanding material from their English classes will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding grammar, essay structure, writing mechanics, literary analysis, or any other comprehensive English topic
- Need an efficient way to learn English topics.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra English learning resources at school.
How It Works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun video and text lessons, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the transcripts or specific lesson sections to reinforce your learning.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Comprehensive English final exam to be prepared for upcoming English tests.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any comprehensive English question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- What are the elements of grammar?
- How do I recognize grammar errors?
- What's the best way to develop, plan, organize, structure, revise and improve an essay?
- How do I improve my writing mechanics?
- What are the different types of essays?
- How can I read and understand essays better?
- What are the different types of figurative language?
- How do I interpret themes and find meaning in written texts?
- What is literary analysis?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Help Your ADHD Child Complete Their Homework
- How to Help Students Conduct Self-Assessments
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- List of Free English Composition Courses and Classes
- How Tech Can Help Teachers Create Engaging Lesson Plans
- English Language Class and Course Descriptions
- Courses for Teaching English As a Second Language
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- Should I Be an English Teacher? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses