- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 127
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Are Nouns? - Definition, Types & Examples
Course SummaryThis Comprehensive English: Tutoring Solution course is a flexible and affordable way to raise your English grades or get caught up on missed class time. Each tutorial is taught in a simple and fun video format and organized to follow the sequence of a typical comprehensive English course.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How it works:
- Begin your exam review, assignment or other comprehensive English work
- Identify the concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find the video tutorials on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Test your understanding with quizzes and practice exams.
Who's it for?
This tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn comprehensive English material and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding sentence structure, writing mechanics, essay reading and writing basics, usage or any other comprehensive English topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their English learning
- Prefer learning English visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing English
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in English
- Don't have access to their English teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning comprehensive English simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For about 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live English tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn comprehensive English on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Discuss the elements of grammar
- Learn how to identify grammar errors
- Describe techniques for organizing essays
- Take a look at the rules of writing mechanics
- Examine the different essay types
- Understand essential essay writing concepts
- Describe development and planning during the writing process
- Explain how to write and structure an essay
- Become familiar with the process of revising and improving an essay
- Discuss writing structure and organization
- Learn how to read and understand essays
- Understand how to interpret themes and meaning
- Become familiar with the various types of figurative language
- Take a look at some examples of literary analysis
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- English Course Catalog
- Graduate English Courses and Classes Overview
- Online English Literature Courses and Classes
- English Literature Courses and Classes Overview
- English Language Class and Course Descriptions
- CNA Courses with Comprehensive Course Descriptions
- How I Taught English Abroad Without a Certificate
- English Courses and Classes in NY with School Information
- List of Free English Composition Courses and Classes
- Online Graduate English Courses and Classes Overview
- Massage Therapists Job Information and Requirements for a Career in the Massage Therapies
- QA Manager Job Info and Requirements for a Career in QA Management
- Optician Assistant Employment Outlook and Requirements for Becoming an Optician Assistant
- Networking Degrees Top Rated Computer Networking School - Newport News VA
- Accounting Continuing Professional Education
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses