- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 57
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Forensic Science? - Definition, History & Types
Course SummaryUse our Computer Science 335: Mobile Forensics course to help you refresh your knowledge or learn more about this subject ahead of a test or when working through an assignment. All of the course resources are mobile friendly and accessible 24 hours a day.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
In this Computer Science 335: Mobile Forensics course, we've put together a series of lessons and chapters on mobile forensics that you can review at your convenience. Study digital forensics, iOS device examination and data recovery. Each lesson is accompanied by a short self-assessment quiz that will help you gauge your knowledge of these topics. Our experts are available through the Dashboard to answer any questions that you might have as you work through this resource. The self-paced lessons and quizzes are available on any smartphone, computer or tablet with an Internet connection.
This course is a handy tool to use for a variety of outcomes, from getting caught up in class to refreshing your knowledge at work.
|Foundations of Digital Forensics||Outlines tools used in digital forensics, the rules that apply to issues in digital evidence and how the Internet of Things impacts Internet security.|
|Introduction to Mobile Forensics||Identifies challenges in mobile forensics investigations, the types of mobile operating systems and common case data types in investigations.|
|Examination of iOS Devices||Explains the different kinds of file systems, the components of iOS architecture and examples of threads in an operating system.|
|Acquiring Data from iOS Devices||Describes read-only memory (ROM), adding and authenticating users in Linux and logical acquisition for iOS devices.|
|Acquiring Data From iOS Backups||Details directory types in iPhone backup structure, data storage formats, cloud storage and pairing records.|
|iOS Data Analysis & Recovery||Explores cache memory, SQLite databases, recovering data from damaged media and using iOS forensic tools.|
|Android Device Design & Security Overview||Discusses full disk encryption, creating and managing filesystems in Linux and the layers of the Android operating system.|
|Extracting Data from Android Devices||Outlines end-to-end encryption, joint test action group (JTAG), data extraction techniques for Android devices and techniques to bypass Android screen and passcode locking mechanisms.|
|Recovering & Analyzing Android Data||Explains how to recover data deleted from SD cards using Android devices, file-carving/scalpel techniques to recover data and using autopsy to add and analyze Android images.|
|Android App Analysis, Malware & Reverse Engineering||Reviews reverse engineering in digital forensics and APK files; the analysis and detection of mobile malware; and security threats, issues and risks for mobile devices.|
|Windows Phone Forensics||Identifies BitLocker drive encryption, acquiring Windows phone data and locating/extracting forensic artifacts from Windows phones.|
|Parsing Third-Party Application Files||Discusses open source and commercial tools for parsing third party app data in mobile phones and using encryption and encoding to access data on mobile devices.|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Computer Forensic Courses and Classes Overview
- Forensic Computer Courses and Classes Overview
- Classes and Courses in Computer Forensics Overview
- Distance Learning MBA Refresher Course Options
- Forensic Science Courses in Oklahoma with School Information
- Forensic Science Undergraduate Programs with Course Overviews
- Online Forensic Science Course and Class Overviews
- Online Degree Programs in Computer Forensics with Course Info
- List of Free Online Computer Forensics Courses and Classes
- Car-Sharing Helps College Students Get Mobile
- Computerized Office Assistant Certification Certificate Program Summary
- 911 Operator Career Information and Requirements
- Project Accountant Job Description and Information About a Career in Project Accounting
- Computer Applications Schools in New York City
- Commercial Driving Certification Program Overview
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses