- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 75
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Application Software for Personal, Enterprise & Workgroup Objectives
Course SummaryTake Computing for Teachers to earn 3 college credits to apply toward your licensure renewal requirements. Learn with fun and engaging video lessons that you can watch around your teaching schedule.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How It Works
Earn professional development credits to renew your computing teaching license with Computing for Teachers. Brush up on computing topics so you can better teach computing and other related subjects. Learn on your own schedule and at your own pace. You can complete this course in under two weeks - perfect for teachers who need to earn computing credits in a hurry!
- Watch engaging video lessons about the Internet and programming.
- Check your knowledge of things like software development and the history of computing with practice quizzes and exams.
- Ask clarification questions from our expert computing instructors.
- Earn 3 college credits by taking the DSST Computing exam.
Always check with your school district or state Department of Education to ensure that the course credits will be accepted before beginning the course. DSST credits are accepted by over 2,000 schools and directly by many state departments of education.
Who's It For?
Computing for Teachers is ideal for any teachers looking to earn credits to use toward licensure renewal. The flexible, self-paced format makes it easy to fit your studies into a busy schedule. The course is fully online, so you can study anytime, anywhere. This course also benefits:
- Business teachers who want to brush up on computing
- Teachers who want to incorporate engaging computing videos into their instruction
- Teachers planning a computing unit or course
- Aspiring computing teachers
Why It Works
- Fun and Engaging: Animations and interesting examples make computing easy to learn.
- Expert Instructors: Expert computing instructors break difficult concepts down so they are easy to remember.
- Practice Makes Perfect: Quizzes and practice exams let you review computing terminology and key concepts and track what you've mastered.
- Quick and Flexible: Learn on your own schedule and on any device. You could earn computing credits in less than two weeks.
- Access our full library of professional development courses for teachers, including Abnormal Psychology for Teachers, Foundations of Education for Teachers, and Research Methods for Teachers.
- Find 10,000 engaging lessons that you can use in your classroom or assign out to students.
- Watch more lessons in computing as well as business, sociology, health, and other topics.
- Earn transferable college credit for dozens of courses.
Evaluate This Course
After you've worked through all or part of the course, please share your feedback with us! We take the quality of our lessons and courses very seriously and appreciate any comments on how we can improve your experience. If you'd like to let us know how effective you found this course, please fill out our survey by clicking on this link.
Course Plan for Earning Credit in Less Than Two Weeks
Follow this course plan if you want to complete Computing for Teachers and be ready to earn transferable credit in less than two weeks. For each chapter assignment, take all of the lesson quizzes and the practice chapter exam at the end of each chapter. If you miss any questions, review the video lesson to master the concept.
|Day||Chapter||What You'll Learn|
|Day 1||Chapter 1||Application Software (word processing software, automated tasks, software licensing, hypertext markup language)|
|Day 2||Chapter 2||Systems Software (utility software, computer operating systems, file extensions)|
|Day 3||Chapter 3||Computer Hardware (output devices, input devices, computer memory, storage devices)|
|Day 4||Chapter 4||Social Impacts and the History of Computing (history of computers, information technology, globalization, impact on privacy)|
|Day 5||Chapter 5||Data Communications (relational database, database management systems, types of data, cloud computing)|
|Day 6||Chapter 6||World Wide Web (Internet history, Web page design, Web scripting, Internet security)|
|Day 7||Chapter 7|
|Networks Access and Architecture (components of a telecommunications system, types of networks, distributed computing)|
Software Development (systems development methods, application development processes)
|Day 8||Chapter 9||Programming Methodology (basic elements of programming, Boolean logic, functional and procedural programming)|
|Day 9||Final Exam||Take the practice final exam to see what you've mastered and make sure you are ready to earn credit for computing for teachers|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- North Dakota Teacher Licensure Renewal
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Teacher Certification Video: Earning a Teaching Certification or Teaching Credential
- Do I Have to Take College Entrance Exams to Earn Transfer Credit?
- Get $1000 for Earning College Credit!
- Ohio Teaching License Renewal Requirements
- Louisiana Teaching Certificate Renewal Requirements
- Minnesota Teaching License Renewal Requirements
- Iowa Teacher License Renewal Requirements
- Colorado Teacher Certification Renewal Requirements
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses