- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 228
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Critical Thinking and Logic in Mathematics
Course SummaryIf your current math class has proven to be a struggle, boost your studies and grades by referring to this Contemporary Math: Help & Review course. Short video lessons simplify information about problem solving methods, math principles, rules and more.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help understanding material from contemporary math will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding statistics, discrete probability, graph theory, mathematical reasoning, the mathematics of voting, or any other contemporary math topic.
- Need an efficient way to learn contemporary math.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra math learning resources at school.
How It Works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Contemporary Math final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- How do I restate and personalize word problems for better understanding?
- What is Polya's four-step problem-solving process?
- What are conditional statements?
- How do I use the three-way principle?
- When should I use stratified, cluster, or systematic random samples?
- What is standard deviation and how is it calculated?
- How do I use the 'at least one' rule?
- What is a permutation in probability?
- What is the difference between Euler Paths and Euler Circuits?
- When do I use the Borda count method in elections?
- How do I use discrete probability in problem-solving?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- College Math Courses and Classes Overview
- Math Lesson Plans
- Where to Find Free Math Courses Online
- Flashcards - TExES Math 4-8: Solving Math Word Problems
- Teachers Using Videos to Teach Math to ADHD Kids: A Case Study
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Career Information for a Degree in Math
- This Is Your Brain on Math
- Online Math Class Descriptions for Free Online Math Classes
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses