- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 15
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1How to Write a Business Plan
Course SummaryTrain your employees to develop effective business plans that incorporate marketing, finance and sales strategies. Our video lessons and quizzes provide tools to help employees learn the steps involved in creating business plans and strategic planning.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Every business needs a comprehensive plan, for purposes of obtaining financing as well as serving as a guide to its owners, managers and employees. In this course, your staff can learn to put together an effective business plan and use it to make decisions regarding business strategies. The quiz questions that accompany each lesson can serve as a springboard for discussion during corporate training sessions.
How It Works
This course consists of brief lessons that your company leaders can watch on a computer or mobile device. They can view the videos on their own, or you can set up group education sessions.
Useful features of this course include:
- Entertaining and informative lessons taught by expert instructors
- Video tags that let your managers quickly locate important terms and topics that need further review
- The ability to contact the instructor if your managers have additional questions
- A chapter exam that covers the basic steps in writing a business plan
- A chapter exam on how to plan for sales, marketing and finance
- An end-of-course exam that checks their command of the topics covered
How It Helps
- Offers education: This course provides information on the components of a business plan and shows ways the plan can be used to make decisions in areas such as the organization of the company or in marketing the business.
- Encourages analysis: Learning about the elements of a business plan will encourage your company's leaders to think about the business and what they think its policies and goals should be.
- Promotes cooperation: Organized learning sessions allows your company's managers and executives to share ideas and work together.
Steps in Creating a Business Plan
- Objectives of a business plan
- Goals for a business
- Elements of the executive summary
- Characteristics of a mission statement
- The company description
Strategic Planning for Marketing, Sales & Finance
- Tools for external and internal analysis
- Impact of complying with government regulations
- Types of organizational structure
- The importance of product or service descriptions
- How to develop a marketing plan
- Necessities of a solid sales strategy
- How to obtain funding and make financial projections
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Tech Can Help Teachers Create Engaging Lesson Plans
- College Finance: Create a Portfolio with a Plan for the Future
- Strategies for Creating Personalized Learning Plans for Students
- 5 Techniques That Can Help You Improve Your Employees' Ability to Learn
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Business Finance Degree Program and Career Video
- Business Planning Consultant: Education and Career Information
- Schools with Strategic Planning Programs: How to Choose
- Math Lesson Plans
- Lesson Plan Templates
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses