- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 41
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Learning Organizations: Characteristics & Examples
Course SummaryFilling a company with stagnant employees who never grow or learn is surely not a recipe for success. Use this Creating a Culture of Learning in Your Organization course to find out how you and your employees can turn your business into a successful learning organization.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This course is made up of 5-10 minute video and text lessons that allow you to present material about team learning, talent management, personal mastery and systems thinking in a short period of time. Have your employees learn more about the work of Peter Senge, a leading proponent for learning organizations, and how they can apply his methods and techniques to your company.
How It Works
It's simple to create a convenient training schedule for your employees with lessons that are accessible at all times, from any device. Set up training sessions or have employees review material at home.
The course contains:
- Entertaining and engrossing lessons presented by experts in the field
- Short quizzes you can use to measure what your employees have learned and identify what they still need to review
- Printable lesson transcripts for quick-reference if needed
- Chapter exams to ensure full understanding of one topic before taking on the next chapter
- A final exam that marks your employees' readiness in incorporating the strategies and methods described in this course
How It Helps
- Encourages team building and team work: Your employees learn to use shared vision and team learning, which prepares them to work together for the success of your organization.
- Emphasizes employee development: The engaging lessons outline ways in which your employees can strengthen individual skills to help them do a better job and therefore improve your overall company.
- Stresses lifelong learning: This course shows how companies can institute an environment of learning that will focus on professional development for all employees.
After completing this course, your employees should have a better understanding of:
- Peter Senge's strategies and practices for learning organizations
- The characteristics and styles of learning
- How a shared vision can be applied in the workplace
- The change and challenges inherent to becoming a learning organization
- What hiring and training practices help ensure a learning environment
- The creation and use of individual development plans in business
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Create and Maintain a Learning Culture at Your Company
- Gear You Need for Successful Online Learning
- How Company Culture Can Help You Retain Employees
- Distance Learning Education in Organizational Psychology
- Distance Learning Doctoral Degree in Organizational Leadership
- Support Grows for K-12 Online Learning
- Rural Students Turn to Personalized Learning
- 4 Questions with Beverly Kaye, Employee Retention, Engagement and Learning Expert
- Strategies for Creating Personalized Learning Plans for Students
- List of Free Online Film Courses and Learning Materials
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses