- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 64
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Public Policy? - Definition, Types, Process & Examples
Course SummaryUse this engaging Criminal Justice 103 course to learn more about public policy and the criminal justice system. Our text and video lessons can be used to help you study for a test or catch up in class, and the multiple-choice quizzes help test your understanding.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Our informative course covers the ways public policy applies to criminal justice system. Through brief but informative lessons, our instructors explain the roles involved in policing, how public policy is evaluated and some of the influences on criminal justice. It's easy to review the entire course as a comprehensive study guide or select just the chapters that you'd like to focus on. All of our learning tools are available to you 24 hours a day on your mobile phone, computer or tablet. If you have any difficulty working through the lessons, feel free to contact one of our instructors for assistance.
Teachers looking for new and inventive ways to present criminal justice topics to their classes can utilize these lessons and quizzes to enliven class discussions, create homework assignments or bring technology into the classroom. Professionals who need to brush up on certain topics or prepare for certification exams will find the flexibility and convenience of our mobile-friendly lessons helpful.
|Public Policy Basics||Explains the processes involved with public policy and various types.|
|Criminal Justice System & Processes||Describes the history and creation of the U.S. criminal justice system.|
|Understanding Crime & Punishment||Helps students understand the different methods of criminal punishment used in the justice system.|
|Law Enforcement Agencies in the US||Covers the differences between federal, state and local law enforcement, as well as the role of the FBI, the DEA and other agencies.|
|Roles & Policies of Policing||Details the history of policing in the U.S. and the different methodologies used|
|Influences on Criminal Justice||Outlines some of the different influences on criminal justice, including the executive, judicial and legislative branches of the government.|
|Issues within Criminal Justice||Discusses some of the issues faced in the criminal justice system today, including demographics, racial profiling and prison problems.|
|Criminal Justice Theory & Public Policy||Identifies the major criminal justice theories and their impacts on public policy.|
|Public Policy Research Resources||Covers the different methods for measuring crime for public policy purposes.|
|Public Policy Analysis||Describes the steps taken when analyzing public policy problems.|
|Criminal Justice Public Policy Planning||Outlines the different models and planning processes used to plan public policy.|
|Evaluating Public Policy Outcomes||Explains the different ways policy outcomes are assessed.|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Criminal Justice Course and Class Overviews
- What Can You Do With a PhD in Criminal Justice?
- What Can You Do With a Master's in Criminal Justice?
- MPA in Criminal Justice
- Criminal Justice Administration Courses in Maryland
- Criminal Justice Administration Courses in Michigan
- Should I Major in Criminal Justice? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Online Criminal Justice Statistics Course Information
- Criminal Justice Administration Courses in Austin, TX
- Criminal Justice Courses in NC with School Overviews
- Graphic Design Training Top Ranked Degree Program for Becoming a Graphic Designer - Indianapolis IN
- Web Design Top Rated Web Design School - Nashville TN
- Criminal Justice Degree Top University with Degree Programs in Criminal Justice - Philadelphia PA
- Overview of Biostatistics Lectures and Courses
- Television Director Degree
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses