- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 16
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Creative & Critical Thinking in Business: Importance & Examples
Course SummaryCritical thinking in the workplace enhances employees' ability to make decisions and solve problems. This course provides the tools necessary to train employees in methods that can improve the way companies approach difficult business problems.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Through this course, our instructors narrate several short video lessons in order to help your employees improve their critical thinking and business problem-solving abilities. These chapters help HR managers train employees to make important decisions using proven techniques.
|Chapter||Topics & Objectives|
|Critical Thinking in Business||Review the activities that contribute to an objective decision-making process and define the essential dimensions of critical thinking.|
|Business Decision Making||Master the steps of effective decision-making by learning to ask the right questions, considering ethics and using different types of reasoning.|
|Problem Solving in the Workplace||Discover approaches for problem solving; including reframing, the common-sense approach and the methods used by successful teams.|
By the end of this course, employees will be able to:
- Understand and influence organizational decision making
- Apply quantitative & qualitative tools for analysis & decision making
- Interpret critical thinking in the workplace
- Distinguish problems that employees may face in the workplace & strategize how to combat these issues
How It Works
This course was designed for HR managers to customize employee training. Engaging videos can be watched separately or all at once. Accessible videos make it possible for you to assign material to your employees for self-study. Instruction material can be viewed on computers, laptops and smartphones, so it's available almost any time and any place.
Using the course is simple:
- Video lessons define critical thinking and steps to problem-solving
- Quizzes allow HR managers to test employees' grasp of critical thinking in the workplace
- The videos include a tag feature, which enables you to return to previous topics for review
- Each chapter includes an exam covering the main points in order to verify employee progress
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- 5 Techniques That Can Help You Improve Your Employees' Ability to Learn
- What HR Can Do to Improve Trust Among Employees
- Jobs for People Who Like to Solve Problems
- How Company Culture Can Help You Retain Employees
- 3 Soft Skills That You Should Make Sure All New Employees Have
- 4 Signs Your Employees Are Bored By Your Training Program & How to Engage Them
- How to Make the Open Enrollment Process Smoother - For You and Your Employees
- Employee Productivity Boosting Techniques You Should Start Using in Your Workplace
- Jobs That Involve Creative Problem Solving
- A High-Performing Employee Wants to Resign - Here's How to Make Them Stay
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses