- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 173
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Development? - Growth, Maturation & Learning
This course can be found in: CSET/CBEST Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 50+ CSET/CBEST study guides, and 4,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryCalifornia has replaced the CSET Assessment of Professional Knowledge Elementary exam with the NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge Elementary exam. Our engaging study guide course provides you with the resources you need to study for and do well on this particular exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
20 chapters in CSET Assessment of Professional Knowledge (APK) - Elementary: Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related CSET/CBEST Courses
About This CSET Assessment of Professional Knowledge Elementary Study Guide
This CSET Assessment of Professional Knowledge (APK) - Elementary exam has been discontinued and replaced with the NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Elementary (051) exam. This study guide is up-to-date and designed to prepare you for the current version of the NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Elementary (051) exam.
Use our engaging test prep course to study for the CSET Assessment of Professional Knowledge Elementary exam. The lessons in this course help you reinforce your knowledge of human growth and development, as well as relevant instructional approaches, assessment methods and learning environments. Use your Dashboard to keep track as you work your way through the course. If you need, you can seek assistance from experts via an online contact form.
Check out our CSET-CBEST test prep materials! We've got CSET-CBEST courses to teach you the material, comprehensive CSET-CBEST study guides to help you study, CSET-CBEST practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational CSET-CBEST resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
CSET Assessment of Professional Knowledge Elementary Course Information
This course is designed to prepare you for the CSET Assessment of Professional Knowledge Elementary Exam, covering all of the topics outlined in the official test materials provided by Pearson Education, Inc. Our professional instructors created this comprehensive course to help you master these objectives. Some of the topics covered in this course are listed below:
Student Development and Learning
- Understanding human development factors and challenges
- Exploring child developmental learning theories
- Promoting positive learning and instruction
Assessment, Instruction, and the Learning Environment
- Examining different approaches to learning assessments.
- Applying effective curriculum planning, and instructional design
- Utilizing effective motivational strategies
The Professional Environment
- Promoting positive partnerships to support learning
- Understanding the roles and responsibilities and ethical obligations of professional educators
CSET Assessment of Professional Knowledge Elementary Course Format
The 19 chapters in this course are divided into 160 quick lessons which correspond to concepts found on the exam. You'll know you're ready to answer exam questions when you've successfully completed our final course exam.
CSET Assessment of Professional Knowledge Elementary Exam Information
- Number of Questions: 102 questions
- Question Type: 100 multiple-choice questions and 2 written-response questions
- Time Limit: 3 hours
- Exam Cost: $95
CSET Assessment of Professional Knowledge Elementary Exam Breakdown
|CSET Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Elementary (051) Exam Concept||Percent of the CSET Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Elementary Exam||Approximate Number of Questions|
|Student development and learning||24%||24|
|Assessment, instruction and the learning environment||40%||40|
|The professional environment||16%||16|
In addition to the multiple-choice questions, the lessons also prepare you for a case study and written assignment, worth 10% each.
CSET Assessment of Professional Knowledge Elementary Exam Preparation & Registration
Registration for the CSET Assessment of Professional Knowledge Elementary test takes place throughout the year by appointment. Testing appointments are taken on a first-come, first-served basis at testing centers throughout the nation. Registration for testing is completed online, where you may also pay the required fees. Exam candidates are instructed to arrive 15 minutes prior to their test times with a valid form of government-issued photo ID.
This test prep course takes the worry out of studying for the CSET Assessment of Professional Knowledge Elementary exam. Take your time as you study these self-paced lessons and discover more information about motivation in the classroom, the professional educator, positive learning environments, learning assessments and much more. To ensure you're able to work and prepare for the test at any time that works well for you, we've developed this mobile-friendly course that can be studied online at any moment.
For more information on registering and preparing for the NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Elementary Exam, check out our CSET Informational Resources.
National Evaluation Series (NES) Program is a registered trademark of Pearson Education Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- Does Every Florida Teacher Have to Take the General Knowledge Exams?
- Southern California Universities for Professional Studies
- Why Even Smart Students Still Need to Study for an Open-Book Exam
- 4 Ways to Study Effectively for Your CLEP Exams
- What to Do When Your Study Group Isn't Helping You Succeed on Exams
- Compass Exams
- What Is a Bachelor of Professional Studies Degree?
- Top Strategies for Studying for Final Exams: Straight From Students
- LPN NCLEX Exam Preparation Resources
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses