- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 164
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Development? - Growth, Maturation & Learning
Course SummaryCalifornia has replaced the CSET Assessment of Professional Knowledge Elementary exam with the NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge Elementary exam. Our engaging study guide course provides you with the resources you need to study and do well on the test.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
18 chapters in CSET Assessment of Professional Knowledge (APK) - Elementary: Practice & Study Guide
About This Course
Use our engaging test prep course to study for the NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge Elementary exam. This exam replaces the CSET Assessment of Professional Knowledge Elementary test and covers subjects such as childhood developmental challenges, cognitive development, human growth and development, promoting learning for all students and curriculum planning, among others. We've included a series of self-assessment tools, including lesson quizzes and chapter tests, so you can keep tabs on your progress and focus more on specific areas if necessary. When you review this course, you'll study the following subjects:
- Human growth
- Genetic impact on development
- Biological, sensory and perceptual development
- Cognitive development and cognition
- Intelligence and creativity development
- The factors of childhood development
- Challenges for childhood development
- Developmental learning theories
- Promoting learning for all students
- Learning assessments
- Curriculum planning and an overview of instructional approaches
- Classroom motivation
- The elements of effective communication
- Environments that promote positive learning experiences
- Supportive learning partnerships
- Education professionals
About the Exam
On the NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge Elementary exam, you'll find 100 multiple-choice questions two constructed-answer written assignments. Test-takers are given three hours to complete this computer-administered exam. Subjects covered by these questions include the professional environment, assessment, instruction and the learning environment as well as student learning and development.
NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Elementary Exam Preparation & Registration
This test prep course takes the stress out of studying for the NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge Elementary exam. Take your time as you study these self-paced lessons and chapter that discuss motivation in the classroom, the professional educator, positive learning environments, learning assessments and much more. To ensure you're able to work and prepare for the test at any time that works well for you, we've developed this mobile-friendly course that's accessible 24 hours a day.
Registration for the NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge Elementary test takes place throughout the year by appointment. Testing appointments are taken on a first-come, first-served basis at testing centers throughout the nation. Registration for the testing location is completed online where you may also pay the required fees. Exam candidates are asked to arrive 15 minutes prior to their test times with a valid form of government-issued photo ID. It's advisable to wear layered apparel and soft-soled shoes.
NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge Elementary is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- Southern California Universities for Professional Studies
- Why Even Smart Students Still Need to Study for an Open-Book Exam
- Does Every Florida Teacher Have to Take the General Knowledge Exams?
- What Is a Bachelor of Professional Studies Degree?
- Should I Become an Elementary School Teacher? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- What You Need To Know About The ParaPro Assessment
- Top Schools for Legal Research and Professional Studies
- Top Schools for Non-Professional General Legal Studies
- Forest Fire Studies Professional Job Information
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses