- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 158
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Adolescence? - Definition, Stages & Characteristics
This course can be found in: CSET/CBEST Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 50+ CSET/CBEST study guides, and 4,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryUse this study guide to prepare for the CSET Assessment of Professional Knowledge Secondary exam, which has been replaced by the NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge Secondary test in California. Our course is written by professional instructors to help you do your very best on exam day.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
14 chapters in CSET Assessment of Professional Knowledge (APK) - Secondary: Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related CSET/CBEST Courses
About This CSET Assessment of Professional Knowledge (APK) - Secondary Exam Study Guide
The CSET Assessment of Professional Knowledge Secondary exam has been discontinued and replaced with the NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Secondary exam. This study guide is up-to-date and designed to prepare you for the current version of the NES Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Secondary exam.
In our test prep course, you'll find lessons, quizzes and resources you can use to get ready for the CSET Assessment of Professional Knowledge Secondary exam. Study topics include learning processes, student diversity, interpreting assessment data, curriculum planning, student motivation and communication. Along with each lesson, we've included a self-assessment quiz so you can monitor your progress through the course. You can also print video lesson transcripts to create helpful quick-reference study tools.
This course was last updated in 2019.
Check out our CSET-CBEST test prep materials! We've got CSET-CBEST courses to teach you the material, comprehensive CSET-CBEST study guides to help you study, CSET-CBEST practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational CSET-CBEST resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
CSET Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Secondary Exam Course Information
This course is designed to prepare you for the CSET Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Secondary, covering all of the topics outlined in the official test materials provided by Pearson Education. Our professional instructors created this comprehensive course to help you master these objectives. Some of the topics covered in this course are listed below:
Student Development and Learning
- Understanding cognitive, physical, social, and sexual development
- Identifying variations in human development
- Promoting appreciation and respect for student diversity
Assessment, Instruction, and the Learning Environment
- Examining assessment instruments and practices
- Utilizing effective instructional planning
- Describing motivational and management strategies for the classroom
The Professional Environment
- Collaborating with families, colleagues and members of the community
- Identifying roles and expectations for professional educators
- Explaining legal and ethical guidelines in education
CSET Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Secondary Exam Course Format
The course's 146 video and text lessons span 13 chapters. Check your progress after each lesson by taking self-assessment quizzes and chapter exams.
CSET Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Secondary Exam Information
- Number of Questions: 102 questions
- Question Type: 100 multiple-choice questions, 1 case study, 1 work product
- Time Limit: 3 hours
- Exam Cost: $95
CSET Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Secondary Exam Breakdown
|CSET Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Secondary Exam Concept||Percent of the CSET Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Secondary Exam||Approximate Number of Questions|
|Student Development and Learning||24%||30 questions|
|Assessment, Instruction, and the Learning Environment||40%||50 questions|
|The Professional Environment||16%||20 questions|
In addition, the test will include a written assignment on a case study and one on a work product, each worth 10% of the exam score.
Registering and Preparing for the CSET Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Secondary Exam
Testing appointments for the CSET Assessment of Professional Knowledge Secondary exam are granted at testing centers nationwide on a first-come, first-served basis. You may complete the registration process and pay the required testing fees online. On exam day, test candidates must bring a valid form of government-issued photo ID and arrive at the testing center 15 minutes prior to the scheduled time.
If you need some assistance preparing for the CSET Assessment of Professional Knowledge Secondary exam, this course is here to help. Our lessons lay out topics you'd expect to find on the test, including instructional best practices and approaches, student motivation, education oversight and advancement, and family and community collaboration. You can make use of these resources on your phone, tablet or computer whenever it works best for you.
For more information on registering and preparing for the CSET Assessment of Professional Knowledge: Secondary Exam, check out our https://study.com/cset-cbest/cset-cbest-resources.html
National Evaluation Series (NES) Program is a registered trademark of Pearson Education Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Southern California Universities for Professional Studies
- Best PhD for Working Professionals
- Professional Development Courses for Teachers
- Professional Engineering Classes and Courses
- What Is a Bachelor of Professional Studies Degree?
- How to Become a Bioinformatics Professional
- How to Become a Professional Photographer
- Professional Skills
- Written Communications Professional: Career Information
- Become a Professional Hair Styling Instructor: Requirements and Info
- MBA Programs in Miami
- Universities and Colleges in Maryland
- Art Therapy Graduate Programs in Florida
- Cardiovascular Science Professionals Employment Information and Requirements for Starting a Career in Cardio Science
- World History Teacher Employment Information and Requirements for Teaching World History
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses