- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 220
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 15 Stages of Change Model
This course can be found in: CSET/CBEST Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 50+ CSET/CBEST study guides, and 4,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryImprove your ability to take and pass the CSET Health Science exam by exploring the study resources in this entertaining course. Review fun lessons to strengthen your knowledge of key health science concepts, and take practice quizzes and exams to check your comprehension before exam day.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related CSET/CBEST Courses
About This Course
This engaging course helps you brush up on your knowledge of topics you could see on the California Subject Examinations for Teachers (CSET) Health Science exam. Use our bite-sized lessons to get reacquainted with the basics of human development, chronic diseases, global environmental health, interpersonal relationships, health education and more. In addition to engaging video lessons taught by experts in the field, you'll also find in this course self-assessment quizzes and chapter exams designed to confirm your health science knowledge as you move through the course. If you have any lesson-specific questions, experts can easily be reached via an online contact form and are ready to respond to your queries.
Check out our CSET-CBEST Preparation resources! We've got CSET-CBEST courses to teach you the material, comprehensive CSET-CBEST study guides to help you study, CSET-CBEST practice tests to test your knowledge, and CSET-CBEST informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
This comprehensive guide is a convenient and easy-to-use tool to help you study for the CSET Health Science exam. You'll find reviews of health education basics, body systems, fitness, nutrition and consumer health. By using this guide, you should be able to:
- Identify human anatomy and body systems
- Discuss childhood, adolescent and adult growth and development
- Define aspects of personal wellness and health
- Name communicable disease types and describe their impact
- Discuss weight and nutrition management
- Name types of and treatments for eating disorders
- Provide details about physical fitness and health, and mental and emotional health
- Note common health issues and talk about substance abuse
- Understand family structures and challenges within the family
- Explain consumer and community health concepts
- List types of injuries and discuss safety precautions
- Understand aspects of reproductive health and human sexuality
- Identify global environmental health issues and protection
This course is made up of 21 individual chapters, and within the chapters are 195 video and text lessons. Lessons are accessible 24/7 from any device, making it possible to enjoy a self-paced study option that conveniently fits into any busy schedule.
CSET Health Science Exam Information
The CSET Health Science exam is designed to ensure educators are able to meet the certification requirements needed to teach health science in the state of California. The exam is divided into three subtests that can be taken in individual sessions or all in one session.
- Number of Questions: 125 questions
- Question Type: Multiple-choice and constructed-response
- Time Limit: 4 hours and 45 minutes (all three subtests in a single session)
- Exam Cost: $297
CSET Health Science Exam Breakdown
|CSET Health Science Exam Concept||Percent of the CSET Health Science Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Foundations of Health Education||12%||10 questions||25|
|Human Growth and Development||12%||10 questions||46|
|Chronic and Communicable Diseases||25%||20 questions||15|
|Nutrition and Fitness||18%||15 questions||36|
|Mental and Emotional Health||12%||10 questions||11|
|Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs||18%||15 questions||9|
|Family Life and Interpersonal Relationships||18%||15 questions||20|
|Consumer and Community Health||18%||15 questions||23|
|Environmental Health||12%||10 questions||10|
Preparing & Registering for the CSET Health Science Exam
Make the process of studying for the CSET Health Science exam simple by taking advantage of this course's self-paced format. Choose the lessons you want to study, review them anytime, and check your knowledge of their contents by taking accompanying quizzes. Our practice exams help you find out how well you understand each chapter and the entire course. Questions about topics covered in the lessons should be sent to our subject-matter experts via the Dashboard. Taking these steps will boost your knowledge of amino acids, tobacco use, workplace safety, air pollution, sexuality in adolescence, the immune system and much more.
Since the CSET Health Science exam is computer-based, you must register by signing into your NES account or creating one if you are a first-time user. Once in your account, you can select a test program and subtest, choose the institution to which you'd like your test results sent and schedule your test appointment. It's recommended that you do not attempt to register within three calendar days of a chosen exam day due to the amount of time required to process a registration. On the day of the test, arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled test time and bring one current, government-issued ID in English print. If you need to reschedule, you can do so 24 hours before your scheduled testing time through your account.
California Subject Examinations for Teachers (CSET) is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Does Every Florida Teacher Have to Take the General Knowledge Exams?
- Where Can I Take a Child Care Exam Online?
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- Get My GED: How to Pass the GED Exam
- The Importance of Being Healthy During Exams
- Compass Exams
- Online Courses and Classes in Health Sciences
- Health Unit Coordinator Certification, Exam and Licensing Information
- Should I Take CLEP Exams? How to Decide Which One Is Right For You
- LPN NCLEX Exam Preparation Resources
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses