- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 103
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Coordinated School Health Program: Definition & Model
This course can be found in: CSET/CBEST Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 50+ CSET/CBEST study guides, and 4,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryComplete this course as part of your preparations for the CSET: Health Science Subtest 1, which measures future health teachers' knowledge of and skills in health science. In this course's bite-sized lessons and assessments, you'll re-examine all of the topics that appear on the exam.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
10 chapters in CSET Health Science Subtest I (178): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related CSET/CBEST Courses
About This Course
We've compiled resources you can use at your convenience to earn a high score on the CSET Health Science Subtest 1 exam. Work through subjects such as chronic diseases, human anatomy and adolescent growth and development at your own pace, returning to specific lessons and topics as many times as needed. Our experts are accessible through the Dashboard in case you have any questions as you complete this course.
Check out our CSET-CBEST Preparation resources! We've got CSET-CBEST courses to teach you the material, comprehensive CSET-CBEST study guides to help you study, CSET-CBEST practice tests to test your knowledge, and CSET-CBEST informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
This course was composed to provide future health science teachers, like yourself, a way to review the material covered in the California Subject Examinations for Teachers (CSET): Health Science Subtest I. It is a comprehensive review, composed of subject-specific chapters about human development, anatomy, personal well-being and diseases. After you complete this course, you should be able to:
- Outline the coordinate school health program model and the role of health ed teachers
- Provide analysis of health-related data
- Detail human anatomy and body structures
- Explain human development during childhood, adolescence and adulthood
- Understand locus of control in personal wellness, immune systems, lifestyle choices and disease prevention
- Discuss types and impacts of chronic diseases and communicable diseases
Provided in nine chapters and 94 lessons, this course emphasizes the health science topics on the exam. As a way to check your test readiness, we've also included lesson quizzes and chapter tests for quick self-assessment.
CSET Health Science Subtest I Exam Information
The CSET: Health Science Subtest I exam is one of a three-part series of tests used to measure the knowledge and skills of individuals wanting to teach health education in California. This exam will test your knowledge of the foundations of health education, human development, chronic diseases, and communicable diseases as well as your abilities in applying this knowledge to solve problems.
- Number of Questions: 42
- Question Type: 40 multiple-choice and two constructed-response questions
- Time Limit: 1 hour and 45 minutes
- Exam Cost: $99
CSET Health Science Subtest I Exam Breakdown
|CSET Health Science Subtest I Exam Concept||Percent of the CSET Health Science Subtest I Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Foundations of Health Education||26%||11 questions||11|
|Human Growth & Development||24%||10 questions||68|
|Chronic & Communicable Diseases||50%||21 questions||15|
Preparing & Registering for the CSET: Health Science Subtest I
Each chapter of this assessment is composed of a series of lessons and assessments. Review the lessons to improve your knowledge of the topics you will see when you take the CSET: Health Science Subset I. Take the lesson quizzes to discover what topics you don't fully understand. Then you may either return to the lessons to review the material you missed, or ask our instructors for clarification. As you reach the end of every chapter, you will have another opportunity to test your knowledge of the material with the practice chapter exam.
When you are ready to register for the exam, you will need do so through the California Educator Credentialing Examinations website. You must choose from a number of dates offered in four-week testing windows in the winter, spring, summer or fall. You will be able to select the closest testing center to you.
California Subject Examinations for Teachers (CSET): Health Science Subtest I is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc. and the Commission on Teacher Credentialing, which are not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Courses and Classes in Health Sciences
- Health Claims Examiner Classes and Courses
- What Can You Do With a Bachelor's Degree in Health Science?
- Health Sciences: Diploma Summary
- How to Choose a Health Science School
- Undergraduate Health Assessment Course Information
- How to Become a Health Teacher in Maryland
- How to Become a Health Teacher in Massachusetts
- How to Become a Health Teacher in Ohio
- How to Become a Health Teacher in California
- Top School with a Degree in E-Commerce Management - Seattle WA
- Acupressure Training
- Columbia (D.C.): Colleges, Universities and Technical Schools
- Fire Services Administration Top School with Programs in Fire Science and Fire Services Management - Atlanta GA
- Ohio OH Colleges and Universities Overview
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses