- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 55
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Simple & Complex Carbohydrates: Dietary Needs
This course can be found in: CSET/CBEST Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 50+ CSET/CBEST study guides, and 4,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryThis study guide can help you quickly prepare for the CSET Health Science Subtest 2. Review entertaining lessons, then test your knowledge of concepts covered in these lessons by taking the accompanying self-assessment quizzes and practice exams.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
7 chapters in CSET Health Science Subtest II (179): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related CSET/CBEST Courses
About This Course
Simplify the process of studying for CSET Health Science Subtest 2 with help from this short course. Each chapter features entertaining lessons that delve into topics you could see on the subtest, including weight management, physical fitness, substance abuse and nutrition. With each lesson is a short quiz that assesses how much you understand about these health science concepts. Chapter exams and a course exam are also available to reinforce lesson concepts. After completing this study guide, you will have a good grasp of the following:
- Carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins and other essential nutrients
- Nutrition and weight management topics like diet planning, reading food labels and issues with obesity
- Obesity, anorexia nervosa, and other eating disorders and treatments
- Physical fitness and health concepts like flexibility, relaxation, strength and muscle endurance
- Self-esteem, anger management, depression and other mental and emotional health topics
- Substance abuse and common health issues like tobacco use, alcoholism and addiction
About the Exam
The California Subject Examinations for Teachers (CSET) Health Science assessment is offered to individuals interested in teaching this subject in the state. The assessment is broken into three subtests. Depending on the teaching credentials or authorizations you seek, you might be required to take one, two or all three subtests of the exam. Subtest II consists of 40 multiple-choice questions and two constructed-response questions. If taken alone, the subtest lasts one hour and 45 minutes, and if taken with the other subtests, you will be granted four hours and 45 minutes of testing time. Passing the CSET Health Science Subtest II requires a minimum score of 220. Test results are typically sent within seven weeks of testing. Appointments are available during specific four-week testing windows and can be scheduled online.
Preparing & Registering for the CSET Health Science Subtest II Assessment
To make preparing for the CSET Health Science Subtest II easy, take advantage of the wealth of resources available with this course. Review engaging video and text lessons using your computer, smartphone or tablet that align with topics you could see on the subtest, including fitness, health, alcohol, tobacco and drugs. Navigate the lessons in any sequence you desire and review them as often as you'd like. If watching videos, utilize timelines that allow you to identify and skip to key topics without watching them in full. When ready, test your knowledge of lesson concepts by taking interactive quizzes. Chapter exams and a comprehensive course exam are also available to reinforce the lessons. If you have questions about topics covered in this course, feel free to submit them to our experts.
Registering for the test requires creating or logging into your online account. Afterward, choose your test program, review and agree to testing rules, select your subtest, designate the institutions you want to receive your results, choose to have your results e-mailed, answer background questions, then submit a payment. After registering, you will be assigned a testing center and e-mailed an admission ticket. On the day of the test, bring the admission ticket and a current, government-issued ID to the testing center. Be sure to arrive on time since late arrival could result in not being admitted and losing your refund. If you want to reschedule, you can do so up to 24 hours prior to your scheduled test time using your online account.
California Subject Examinations for Teachers is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Should I Major in Political Science? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Major in Computer Science? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Major in Environmental Science? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- How to Help Students Conduct Self-Assessments
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- 5 Lessons to Help Your Students Understand the Elections
- Science Lesson Plans
- Guided Reading Lesson Plans
- What to Do When Your Study Group Isn't Helping You Succeed on Exams
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses