- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 60
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Family Structure Variations in the United States
Course SummaryThis test preparation course is aligned with the content that appears on subtest 3 of the Health Science exam of the California Subject Examinations for Teachers (CSET). Make sure you're prepared for this section of the exam by completing the course's lessons and mini quizzes.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
7 chapters in CSET Health Science Subtest III (180): Practice & Study Guide
About This Course
This study guide contains resources you can use at your convenience to earn a high score on the CSET Health Science Subtest 3 exam. Work through subjects such as chronic diseases, human anatomy and adolescent growth and development at your own pace, returning to specific lessons and topics as necessary. Our experts are accessible through the Dashboard in case you have questions as you complete this course.
Check out our CSET-CBEST Preparation resources! We've got CSET-CBEST courses to teach you the material, comprehensive CSET-CBEST study guides to help you study, CSET-CBEST practice tests to test your knowledge, and CSET-CBEST informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
The lessons in this comprehensive study guide address definitions, strategies and processes related to such health issues as stress, conflict, sexual activity and injuries, and health concerns caused by such environmental issues as pollution, hazardous waste and climate change. This course covers these and other topics that are featured on the CSET Health Science Subtest III exam. When you finish this course, you should be able to:
- Outline types and impacts of unhealthy family behaviors
- Discuss social and cultural factors affecting families
- Identify the characteristics of healthy and unhealthy relationships
- Explain family challenges such as abuse and divorce
- Detail conflict, friendships and peer pressure
- Describe the types and risks of sexually transmitted diseases
- Outline family planning and prenatal care
- Provide an overview of health services and the U.S. health care system
- Identify public health issues
- Explain cultural and economic factors impacting health care
- Discuss emergency care and preparedness
- Give examples of injury prevention and safety relating to work, automobiles and recreational activities
- Define global environmental issues
- Describe some of the environmental protection agencies and policies
This study guide course provides you with convenient and mobile-friendly test prep resources in 55 lessons grouped into six chapters. Take the lesson quizzes and chapter tests to see if you're ready for the exam and to locate any areas that you haven't memorized.
CSET Health Science Subtest III Exam Information
The CSET: Health Science Subtest 3 exam is one of a three-part series of tests used to measure the knowledge and skills of individuals wanting to teach health education in California. This exam will test your knowledge of the foundations of health education, human development, chronic diseases, and communicable diseases as well as your abilities in applying this knowledge to solve problems.
- Number of Questions: 41
- Question Type: 40 multiple-choice and one constructed-response question
- Time Limit: 1 hour and 15 minutes
- Exam Cost: $99
CSET Health Science Subtest III Exam Breakdown
|CSET Health Science Subtest III Exam Concept||Percent of the CSET Health Science Subtest III Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Family Life & Interpersonal Relationships||39%||16 questions||22|
|Consumer & Community Health||36%||15 questions||23|
|Environmental Health||25%||10 questions||10|
CSET Health Science Subtest III Exam Preparation & Registration
The chapters found in this study guide offer detailed information about likely test topics on the CSET Health Science Subtest III exam. Lessons will focus on, among other related topics, family structures, family stress sources, behavioral support and coping strategies, communication strategies, conflict resolution, sexual maturation and domestic and global family planning methods. Other areas of review include the details of a California health care plan, aspects of health insurance, the dissemination of health care information, government health regulations, various safety measures for different environments and activities, and environmental protection and health concerns. You can assess your knowledge of each topic with the use of a quiz accompanying each lesson. A printable option is available for each lesson transcript.
A 24/7 online registration process is available for those seeking to take a CSET exam. Access the California Educator Credentialing Examinations website and click on 'Register' to create an account. Once your account is created, you can pay the necessary fees and choose a date and location for your exam.
California Subject Examinations for Teachers (CSET) is a registered trademark of the Commission on Teacher Credentialing and Pearson Education, Inc., or its affiliate(s), which are not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- How to Become a Health Teacher in California
- LPN NCLEX Exam Preparation Resources
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- Bank Teller Exam Information, Resources and Exam Preparation Tips
- Science Quizzes
- Flashcards - About the CSET Science Test
- GED Algebra Exam: Training and Preparation Information
- 3 Soft Skills That You Should Make Sure All New Employees Have
- Science Teacher Requirements in California
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses