- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 181
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1How to Study for the Physical Education CSET
This course can be found in: CSET/CBEST Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 50+ CSET/CBEST study guides, and 4,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryIf you want to be a physical education teacher in the state of California, you must take and pass the California Subject Examinations for Teachers (CSET) Physical Education exam. Use this comprehensive study guide to review all of the topics you need to know to achieve a passing score.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
24 chapters in CSET Physical Education (129/130/131): Study Guide & Practice
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related CSET/CBEST Courses
About This Course
Refer to this study guide if you're seeking preparation materials for taking the CSET Physical Education exam. You can learn more about motion and motor skills, exercise physiology, fitness activities and physical education goals. You will also find lessons focusing on physical education teaching and assessment strategies, evaluation tests, lesson planning and curriculum development. Study each lesson as often as needed to gain a full understanding of each topic and even jump to specific points in the video lessons to review only the material you need to go over. Reach out to experts with any questions via a short online contact form. Answer questions in self-assessment lesson quizzes and chapter exams to ensure you fully understand each topic as you move through this course.
Check out our CSET-CBEST Preparation resources! We've got CSET-CBEST courses to teach you the material, comprehensive CSET-CBEST study guides to help you study, CSET-CBEST practice tests to test your knowledge, and CSET-CBEST informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
You will find that this study guide aligns with all of the topics covered on the CSET Physical Education exam. Lessons provide details about physical development, the benefits of exercise, exercise principles, group physical activities, individual and team sports, and kinesiology. You can also learn more about how physical education teachers plan lessons, evaluate students and apply assessments. After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Understand principles of motor development
- List and discuss the function of human body systems
- Explain kinematics and discuss the principles of biomechanics
- Define self-identity, self-awareness and self-expression
- Use motivational methods as a physical education teacher
- List aquatic and gymnastics skills
- Provide details and examples of individual and team sports
- Name components of exercise programs
- Create effective physical education learning environments
- Apply physical education teaching, lesson planning and assessment strategies
This course is made up of 34 individual chapters broken down into 261 video and text lessons. Lessons can be accessed from any device, at any time, so it's easy to create a flexible study schedule that's convenient for you.
CSET Physical Education Exam Information
Licensed educators in the state of California who wish to teach physical education must obtain certification by passing this CSET exam. The exam consists of three subtests. Candidates can take one subtest or all three subtests at the same time.
- Number of Questions: Combined Subtests I, II and III - 85 questions (Test I: 42, Test II: 42, Test III: 41)
- Question Type: Multiple-choice and constructed-response
- Time Limit: Subtests I and III - 1 hour and 45 minutes; Subtest II - 1.5 hours, Combined Test- 5 hours
- Exam Cost: Combined Test - $297 ($99 per subtest when taken individually)
CSET Physical Education Exam Breakdown
Note that the exam breakdown percentages account for multiple-choice questions only; each subtest has 40 multiple-choice questions.
|CSET Physical Education Test I Concept||Percent of CSET Physical Education Test I||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Growth, Motor Development and Motor Learning||50%||20 questions||17|
|The Science of Human Movement||50%||20 questions||90|
|CSET Physical Education Test II Concept||Percent of CSET Physical Education Test II||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|The Sociology and Psychology of Human Movement||25%||10 questions||29|
|Movement Concepts and Forms||60%||24 questions||40|
|Assessment and Evaluation Principles||15%||6 questions||20|
|CSET Physical Education Test III Concept||Percent of CSET Physical Education Test III||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Professional Foundations||40%||16 questions||16|
|Integration of Concepts||60%||24 questions||49|
CSET Physical Education Preparation & Registration
When you access this course, you will have the opportunity to get a comprehensive look at the topics you can expect to encounter on the CSET Physical Education exam. Details covered in this study guide include motor development, principles of motion and movement, exercise and nutrition, sports skills, positive effects of fitness and physical activity, and the history of physical education. You also get information about physical education program and lesson development, instructional strategies, assessment practices and evaluation tests.
You can register for this CSET exam by accessing the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) website and creating an account. Submit all requested information and payment of exam fees, then schedule your test date, time and location. You will receive a confirmation email from Pearson VUE about your scheduled test. Tests are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis.
CSET is a trademark of the Commission on Teacher Credentialing and Pearson Education, Inc., neither of which is affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Become a Physical Education Teacher in Texas
- How to Become a Physical Education Teacher in Massachusetts
- Physical Education Teacher Education Requirements
- Requirements to Become a Physical Education (PE) Teacher
- How to Become a Physical Education (PE) Teacher Online
- Physical Education Teacher Certification in Virginia
- Physical Education Teacher Certification in Maine
- How to Become a Physical Education Teacher in North Carolina
- Physical Education Teacher Requirements in Ohio
- Physical Education Teaching Credential Requirements in California
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses