- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 120
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1How to Study for the Physical Education CSET
This course can be found in: CSET/CBEST Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 50+ CSET/CBEST study guides, and 4,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryThis study guide provides a comprehensive review of the concepts that appear on the CSET Physical Education Subtest 1. With chapters taught by professional instructors, these fun lessons and quizzes are designed to help you prepare for the exam quickly and efficiently.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
15 chapters in CSET Physical Education Subtest I (129): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related CSET/CBEST Courses
About This Course
If you're trying to prepare for the CSET Physical Education Subtest 1 exam, take a look at the resources provided in this helpful test prep online course. You'll find lessons and quizzes that are designed to prepare you for the subjects you'll encounter on the test, including physical fitness, the components of wellness and student assessments for physical education. You may study at any hour of the day or night.
Check out our CSET-CBEST Preparation resources! We've got CSET-CBEST courses to teach you the material, comprehensive CSET-CBEST study guides to help you study, CSET-CBEST practice tests to test your knowledge, and CSET-CBEST informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
This course was put together to encompass the topics that future takers of the first CSET Physical Education Subtest should study before taking the exam. Chapters made up of text and video lessons allow you to go at your own pace through the material so you can be sure to review the topics you have trouble with while strengthening your knowledge of content you're already familiar with. Subjects discussed include body systems, effects of exercise, components of wellness, and more. Once you finish this course, you should be able to:
- Discuss physical fitness and growth
- Explain motor learning and progression
- Define motion as it relates to physical education
- Outline fitness assessment and prescription
- Detail safety along with the processes of preventing injuries and employing first aid
- Identify physiological fitness principles
- Explain the process of planning for P.E.
- Give examples of individual and team activities
- Provide the benefits of fitness
- Describe P.E. student tests
You'll find 104 lessons in 13 chapters in this helpful test prep course. Work at your own pace as you study these lessons, testing yourself with the lesson quizzes and chapter tests as needed before exam day to ensure you're ready.
CSET Physical Education Subtest I Exam Information
The CSET Physical Education Subtest I exam is one of three exams required in the state of California to become licensed to professionally teach physical education in the state.
- Number of Questions: 42
- Question Type: 40 multiple-choice and two constructed-response questions
- Time Limit: 1 hour and 45 minutes
- Exam Cost: $99
CSET Physical Education Subtest I Exam Breakdown
|CSET Physical Education Subtest I Exam Concept||Percent of the CSET Physical Education Subtest I Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Growth, Motor Development & Motor Learning||50%||21 questions||95|
|The Science of Human Movement||36%||15 questions||9|
Preparing & Registering for CSET Physical Education Subtest 1:
Whether you're studying a lesson through a video or transcript of the material, you'll find navigational tools that make reviewing simple. Underneath the videos, you'll find a timeline feature you can use to hop around main points, while important terms and topics within the transcripts come highlighted in bold. You can check your understanding of the content topic by topic through practice quizzes and exams, and if you ever get stuck, our instructors are available for questions through the teacher or help tab.
Registration for the test can be done 24/7. It is recommended that you register more than three days ahead of the date on which you plan to schedule your testing appointment, due to processing. You'll need to create an account with CSET (California Educator Credentialing Examinations) before registering, at which point you'll be instructed to fill in and review the required information. Once you've registered, you'll receive an e-mail within one business day. It will contain the test authorization that allow you to schedule a testing appointment.
CSET Physical Education Exam is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Become a Graphic Design Instructor: Step-by-Step Career Guide
- How Video Games Help Children with ADHD Study & Have Fun
- Become an Adult Education Instructor: Step-by-Step Career Guide
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- Environmental Studies Professional: Career & Education Info
- Health and Physical Education Lesson Plans
- Fun Internship Opportunities That Prepare Students for Careers
- Professional Tax Preparer: Educational Requirements
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses