- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 101
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1How to Study for the Physical Education CSET
This course can be found in: CSET/CBEST Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 50+ CSET/CBEST study guides, and 4,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryEnhance your preparations for CSET Physical Education Subtest 2 by reviewing the entertaining lessons in this course. You'll be able to strengthen your knowledge of various physical education topics by viewing our lessons, and then test that knowledge by taking short quizzes and practice exams.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
15 chapters in CSET Physical Education Subtest II (130): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related CSET/CBEST Courses
About This Course
This study guide is designed to help you take and pass the CSET Physical Education Subtest 2. Divided into subject-based chapters that house fun and information-rich lessons, this course covers physical education concepts you could see on the day of the exam. Topics range from personal and social development to fitness activities and physical education assessments. Quizzes and practice exams are available to help you gauge your understanding of lesson concepts.
Check out our CSET-CBEST Preparation resources! We've got CSET-CBEST courses to teach you the material, comprehensive CSET-CBEST study guides to help you study, CSET-CBEST practice tests to test your knowledge, and CSET-CBEST informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
All of the subjects you'll be tested on when you sit for the CSET Physical Education Subtest II are covered in this comprehensive course. Study everything from personal development to fitness activities. Once you've utilized the resources in this chapter, you should be able to:
- Explain personal development and the use of motivation theory when teaching physical education
- Discuss social development in physical education settings and the factors that influence physical activity choices
- Identify fundamental concepts of movement, rhythmic movement, dance concepts and forms of expression
- Detail gymnastic activities, aquatic skills and individual, dual and team sports
- Outline fitness, nontraditional and group physical activities
- Describe physical education evaluation, basic statistical applications and physical education assessments
This easy-to-use test prep course is made up of 86 lessons in 13 chapters you can access on any mobile device or computer. Take the opportunity to test your knowledge with multiple-choice quizzes and chapter tests.
CSET Physical Education Subtest II Exam Information
In California, educators interested in earning physical education teaching credentials or authorizations may need to take one, two or all three subtests of the California Subject Examinations for Teachers (CSET) Physical Education assessment.
- Number of Questions: 42
- Question Type: 40 multiple-choice and two constructed-response questions
- Time Limit: 1 hour and 30 minutes
- Exam Cost: $99
CSET Physical Education Subtest II Exam Breakdown
|CSET Physical Education Subtest II Exam Concept||Percent of the CSET Physical Education Subtest II Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|The Sociology & Psychology of Human Movement||26%||11 questions||29|
|Movement Concepts & Forms||60%||25 questions||37|
|Assessment & Evaluation Principles||14%||6 questions||20|
Preparing & Registering for the CSET Health Science Subtest II Assessment
Utilize the resources in this chapter to tailor your preparations for the CSET Physical Education Subtest II to your specific study needs. Access the video and text lessons anytime from your computer, phone or tablet, and review them in any sequence you choose. If reviewing videos, take advantage of timelines that allow you to identify and skip to key topics without watching them in full. When ready, test your knowledge of lesson topics by taking lesson quizzes, chapter exams and a comprehensive course exam. And, if you have questions about lesson topics, simply submit them to our experts. These steps can ensure you're ready to answer questions on the exam that address social development, creative movement skills, gymnastics movements, evaluation methods and much more.
You will be required to create an online account through the California Educator Credentialing Examinations website to register for the test. Afterwards, choose your subtest and select institutions to which you want your test results sent. Once you've completed your registration, you will be provided with an assigned testing center and admission ticket. Be sure to bring that ticket to the testing center on the day of the test along with your current, government-issued ID. If you arrive late, you could be forced to reschedule and lose your refund. To avoid this issue, arrive on time, or reschedule at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled test time.
California Subject Examinations for Teachers is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Health and Physical Education Lesson Plans
- What's More Important To You: Education or Knowledge?
- Physical Education Courses and Classes Overview
- Physical Therapy Continuing Education Courses Online
- Physical Therapy Continuing Education Courses and Classes
- Physical Education Degree Programs with Course Descriptions
- How to Become a Physical Education Teacher in Texas
- Education Required to Become a Physical Therapist
- Graduate Programs in Physical Education
- Top Schools for Physical Education
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses