- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 10
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Email as a Customer Service Strategy
Course SummaryUtilize these short videos to train your employees on how to structure and write customer service emails as well as avoid common mistakes when emailing customers about products and services or when handling complaints or concerns.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
About This Course
Etiquette is important when interacting with customers in person, over the phone or using written communication. In this course, the lessons focus on the appropriate measures your employees can take to engage in quality customer service email etiquette. Lessons examine the basics of using email for customer service, including why and when your company should choose to use this form of communication. Employees can also learn how to write effective emails, structure business emails, avoid email mistakes and more. Each lesson features a short quiz meant to reinforce concepts. Chapter exams are also available to assess comprehension of the lessons.
How It Works
The fun and engaging lessons can be tailored to your corporate training needs. Employees can view the videos in sequence or any order you choose. They can also visit key topics by using timelines located below the videos to skip within the lessons.
Among the many resources this chapter offers are:
- Video lessons that closely examine customer service email etiquette
- Full lesson transcripts with easily identifiable vocabulary words
- Mobile features that allow employees to access lessons via their smartphones or tablets
- Short quizzes and chapter exams that test employees' comprehension of the lessons
- A final exam that reinforces customer service email etiquette
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: In this course, your employees can get a good grasp of the benefits of utilizing email in customer service, as well as how to make the most of this important tool.
- Offers methods and strategies: The lessons provide specific methods and strategies your employees can use to manage customer service emails appropriately in the workplace.
- Aids in prevention: Employees can prevent making common email mistakes to ensure customers are always satisfied with communication and service.
Using Email for Customer Service
- How to use email appropriately as a customer service strategy
- Why emails are the preferred choice for customer service
- Using emails as marketing tools
Customer Service Email Strategies
- Tips for writing effective emails in the workplace
- How to structure, format and create the tone of a business email
- Using shortcuts for customer service emails
- Writing a customer service email properly
- Avoiding common customer service email mistakes
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Become a Customer Service Supervisor
- How to Become a Customer Service Agent
- IT Jobs Without Customer Service
- How To Avoid Common Writing Mistakes
- Customer Service Degree Program Overviews
- Customer Service Certificate and Certification Programs
- Customer Service Schools and Colleges in the U.S.
- How to Become a Customer Service Engineer: Career Roadmap
- Courses for Aspiring Customer Service Professionals
- Top Schools for Customer Service Management
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses