- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 32
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Customer Service? - Definition, Types & Role in Marketing
Course SummaryStrong customer service is a cornerstone of any business and this short training course is an effective tool that will ensure your employees are aware of successful customer service practices. The knowledge developed with these videos will have a positive impact on your employees and ultimately your company.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Regardless of an organization's size or purpose, they need established customer service practices and employees trained in implementing them. This course provides information on what constitutes good customer service, why it's important and the skills needed by customer service managers. Short quizzes at the end of each lesson offer a chance for your employees to assess their knowledge.
How It Works
Your managerial employees will watch a series of short video lessons, averaging about five minutes each, on a computer or mobile device. They can study on their own or as part of a group corporate training event.
Useful training features in this course include:
- Enjoyable video lessons, packed with real world examples
- Video tags that allow employees to review key concepts without having to re-watch the entire lesson
- Quizzes that let your managers assess their learning
- A quiz that examines their knowledge of the role of a customer service department and its managers
- A quiz that analyzes understanding about team management and required skills
- A final exam that covers customer service management in its entirety
How It Helps
- Promotes consistent practices: Customer service managers who watch these lessons will be equipped to implement consistent customer service practices that can benefit the organization.
- Defines the role of customer service managers: These lessons explain what customer service managers do and explore the skills they should possess, which can help them in resolving conflicts and complaints .
- Boost productivity: Managers will learn about the types of skills needed to successfully lead employees, resulting in improved morale and productivity.
When you're finished with the chapter, your employees should be equipped to:
- Understand basic customer service types, roles and duties
- Recognize technical and soft skills that customer service managers must have
- Evaluate several leadership concepts pertaining to customer service managers
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Customer Service Courses and Training Programs
- How to Become a Customer Service Supervisor
- How to Become a Customer Service Agent
- IT Jobs Without Customer Service
- Courses for Aspiring Customer Service Professionals
- Customer Service Training Manager: Salary & Job Description
- Jobs that Require Customer Service Skills
- How to Become a Customer Service Engineer: Career Roadmap
- Top Schools for Customer Service Management
- Customer Service Degree Program Overviews
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses