- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 34
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Data Visualization? - Definition & Examples
Course SummaryUse this course to become acquainted with the major aspects of data visualization . All of our lessons have been designed by experts who can help you bolster your job skills and extend your knowledge about the principles, purposes, and techniques used for data visualization so you can apply them to your professional or academic life.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
About This Course
In this technological age, data is a major aspect of our everyday professional lives, but interpreting and explaining raw data can be difficult, which is why professionals need data visualization training. In this course you will gain a deeper understanding of what it means to create visual data, including current practices, trends, and more. As this course covers a significant amount of information, our expert instructors have divided the major topics into chapters, and every one of those chapters has been split up even further into brief lessons. Whether you are new to data visualization or if you are just brushing up on the major details, our course and chapter menus can help you navigate your way to the areas you need to review to become a data visualization pro.
With some of the lessons in this course, you'll receive the training you need to prepare yourself to do the following:
- Examine the fundamentals of data visualization
- Explain data visualization applications and principles
- Point out the major forms and methods of data visualization
- Establish the fields connected to data visualization
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- List of Free Online Data Entry Courses and Lessons
- Big Data Engineer: Job Description, Salary & Skills
- Big Data Developer: Job Description, Salary & Skills
- Big Data Analyst: Job Description, Salary & Skills
- Data Scientist: Education, Skills & Training
- Professional Skills
- AFOQT: Object Visualization & Manipulation Flashcards
- Data Processing Courses and Classes Overview
- Data Management Courses and Classes Overview
- Data Communications Course and Class Overviews
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses