- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 39
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Decision Making: Definition & Types
Course SummaryThis mobile-friendly professional development course is designed for managers who want to improve their decision-making abilities in the workplace. Managers can access the course's lessons and quizzes whenever they have free time to study basic decision-making concepts.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This course contains short and engaging lessons about managerial decision making. As your company's managers work through the course, they'll become familiar with decision-making processes, styles, models, tools, considerations and much more. Lessons also come with quizzes to help managers think critically about fundamental decision-making approaches.
How It Works
This course is accessible 24/7, which helps your managers study the basics of decision making at any time that fits their schedules. The course material can also be viewed on any device that has an Internet connection.
Using the course is simple:
- Short and expertly taught lessons highlight important decision-making terms and concepts
- Interactive self-assessment quizzes offer managers a way to quickly check their understanding of the material
- Our Ask the Expert feature allows managers to submit questions to the course instructors.
- Chapter exams and a final course assessment solidify comprehension of effective decision-making models, processes and techniques.
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: Front-line managers who complete the course will cultivate an awareness of the fundamentals, process and benefits of decision making in the workplace.
- Covers multiple decision-making styles: Managers will examine several styles/processes of leadership decision making.
- Improves decision-making skills: The course is designed to help managers make more effective business decisions.
After finishing the course, your company's front-line managers should understand the following:
- The foundations of managerial decision making
- Decision-making styles and processes
- Managerial problem solving and decision making
- Models and processes of decision making
- Decision-making analysis and tools
- Considerations and methods for group decision making
- The evaluation of business decisions
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses