- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 43
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Business Acumen? - Definition & Examples
Course SummaryWe've created this corporate training course on developing business acumen to make it easy to teach your employees about these concepts. Each chapter is accessible 24 hours a day and contains lessons by subject that are accompanied by self-assessment quizzes for ease of learning.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Our helpful corporate training course covers the development of business acumen. Whether you're training new employees or reviewing these concepts with veteran workers, this course contains bite-sized lessons on subjects such as the goals of financial management and the importance of business planning.
How It Works
Here you'll find chapters broken down by subject and made up of individual lessons outlining these business topics. Employees can opt for quick study sessions on their own time or they can participate in group training programs.
This course is made up of:
- Short lessons on developing business acumen
- Multiple-choice quizzes help employees to learn about business operations management
- A test at the end of teach chapter verifies understanding of the subject matter
- A comprehensive course test ensures full comprehension
How It Helps
- Provides knowledge: Your employees will review a variety of subjects, from business planning to business strategy acumen.
- Eases training: Because these chapters and lessons are accessible on any smartphone, tablet or computer, there are no limits on who can utilize this training.
- Boosts confidence: Team members who understand concepts like business operations management and the goals of financial management will be more confident in doing their jobs.
After completing this lesson, your employees should be able to:
- Explain business acumen
- Discuss the importance of business planning
- Outline business operations management
- Detail business strategy acumen
- Identify the goals of financial management
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Should I Become a Corporate Lawyer? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- CFY Is Helping to Make Digital Learning Accessible to Students, Parents and Educators
- Distance Learning Courses in Entrepreneurship with Training Info
- Distance Learning Training Courses in Industrial Management
- Distance Learning Courses and Training in Marketing Communications
- Distance Learning Fitness Instructor Training Courses
- How to Make Prior Learning Assessment Credit Work for You
- Corporate Law: Overview of a Corporate Law Course for Business Majors
- Should I Go to Business School? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Major in Business Administration? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses