- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 13
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Customer Service? - Definition, Types & Role in Marketing
Course SummaryUse this corporate training course to help your employees learn the skills to deliver outstanding telephone customer service. These resources can be accessed on any computer or mobile device for completely flexible learning.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Even in this age of Internet sales and email, many customers prefer to reach out to companies by telephone to order products, resolve problems and ask questions from a real person. This course starts with a series of lessons that examine fundamental telephone customer service skills, then delves deeper into more sophisticated telephone service techniques to ensure that every telephone call ends with a satisfied customer.
How It Works
Our lessons, taught by experienced business instructors, provide a user-friendly, time-saving method to help your busy employees develop their telephone customer service skills. Each lesson lasts only about five minutes and can be watched in the office on a desktop or anywhere on a laptop or mobile device.
Other handy training features include:
- Videos with fun visuals and compelling presentations designed to catch and hold employees' attention
- Timelines with clickable links to allow employees to jump to specific topics discussed in the video
- Lesson quizzes so employees' can quickly check their comprehension of each video's main ideas
- A chapter exam covering the basic rules of telephone customer service as well as the value that good customer service brings to a company
- A chapter exam on methods for resolving complaints and other issues, building rapport and telephone sales techniques
- A final exam that tests employees on the skills and concepts explored in this corporate training course as a whole
How It Helps
- Improves your company's image: This course helps your employees develop polished and effective telephone customer service skills that positively reflect on your company.
- Identifies crucial skills: The lessons in this course help employees learn the techniques and methods to provide excellent service to your customers.
- Increases employee confidence: By taking this course and mastering the skills discussed in each lesson, employees will have the confidence and capability to respond to any customer request.
Customer Service Basics Over the Phone
- Types of customer service
- Why good customer service is important
- Telephone etiquette skills
- Rules of telephone customer service
Telephone Customer Service Skills
- Elements of effective coaching
- Guiding buying experiences over the phone
- The foundations of a customer service culture
- Dealing with the emotional and rational aspects of complaints
- Customer loyalty and the six keys to delivering extraordinary service
- Suggestive selling techniques in telephone sales
- Steps to overcoming obstacles in customer service
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Customer Service Courses and Training Programs
- How Mobile Apps and Devices Impact Teaching and Learning: EduMOOC 2011
- Access Classes, Courses and Training Programs
- Distance Learning Corporate Finance Degrees with Course Info
- Distance Learning Programs in Human Resources with Course Info
- Distance Learning Training in Computer Forensics with Career Info
- List of Free Online Airline Training Courses & Learning Materials
- List of Free Online Electrical Training Courses and Learning Materials
- Distance Learning Fitness Instructor Training Courses
- Distance Learning Training Courses in Industrial Management
- Excavation Equipment Operator Employment Information and Requirements for Starting a Career in Excavation
- Msn Mph Dual Degree Programs Jobs
- Washington State Teaching Certificate
- Bulldozer Technician Career Information and Requirements for Becoming a Bulldozer Mechanic or Technician
- List of Free Online Courses for International Business
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses