- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 10
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Employee Motivation Programs: Incentives and Reward Systems
Course SummaryLet these brief video lessons help your management team learn how to organize and implement a successful employee recognition program. These lessons can be used during corporate training sessions and offer opportunities for your managers to discuss these topics and share ideas.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
About This Course
Recognizing and rewarding employee achievement is how many companies increase motivation and performance. This course looks at the traits of successful rewards programs, types of recognition programs and how to avoid common mistakes in implementing these programs. The quizzes that follow each lesson let your managers assess their knowledge.
How It Works
You can arrange for managers to watch these video lessons as part of a group corporate training program, which allows them the opportunity to discuss the characteristics of reward programs. They can also study on an individual basis as their schedules permit, using a computer or mobile device.
Useful features of this course include:
- Video lessons averaging about five minutes in length
- Embedded video tags that make it simple to review specific topics
- Lesson exams that let managers assess what they've just studied
- A chapter exam that examines types of reward programs and how they can benefit the company
- A chapter exam covering basic features of recognition programs and strategies for success
How It Helps
- Promotes productivity: Managers will learn what intrinsic and extrinsic rewards are and how they can use this type of recognition to reinforce positive employee behavior.
- Describes options: By exploring several types of recognition and reward programs, your managerial team can design a plan that best suits the company's needs.
- Provides startup information: Managers will get information on the basic decisions that must be made when organizing a rewards program.
- Prevents mistakes: Video lessons list some common mistakes companies make in their rewards programs, such as inconsistency or having unclear objectives, so your team can make the effort to avoid them when starting their own program.
Using Employee Recognition to Reward & Motivate
- Types of motivation and rewards programs
- Reward power
- How to reinforce positive behavior
- Why employee recognition programs work
Establishing Employee Recognition Programs
- Basic components of an employee recognition program
- Types of recognition and reward programs
- How to run a successful employee recognition program
- Common mistakes in employee recognition programs
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- OCL Psychology Student Diary: Lessons Learned
- College Lessons Learned Outside the Classroom
- 5 Lessons I've Learned From Creating My College Resume
- 5 Lessons to Help Your Students Understand the Elections
- List of Free Online Management Courses and Lessons
- Corporate Security Training Programs and Requirements
- Integrating Technology in the High School Classroom with Video Lessons
- List of Free Online Chinese Language Courses and Video Lessons
- Top Graduate School for a Human Resource Management Degree - Columbus OH
- Paralegal Training Top School for Becoming a Paralegal or Legal Assistant - Atlanta GA
- Event Planning Certificate Programs in Texas
- Computer Science Education Top University Offering a Computer Science Major - Charleston SC
- Accounting MBA Top University Offering an MBA in Accounting - Philadelphia PA
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses