- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 13
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Are Soft Skills? - Definition & Examples
Course SummaryUtilize this short video course to aid your employees in developing and applying soft skills. Engaging lessons can be used during corporate training sessions and offer your employees strategies for improving their people, communication and time management skills.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Encouraging positive relationships can aid in creating a productive work environment. For many employees, the key to improving their workplace relationships is learning to develop their soft skills, which are also known as people skills. This course offers short video lessons that can help your employees improve their personal interactions by strengthening their communication skills, becoming more adaptable and flexible with one another, improving time management and more. Self-assessment quizzes and chapter exams are also available to gauge employees' comprehension of the lesson concepts, and a final exam can help you assess how well they understand the entire course.
How It Works
Employees can watch the video lessons one at a time on their computers or mobile devices in the office or at home, or you can use them as a part of a larger corporate training session where you discuss the soft skills in a group setting.
Some features of this course include:
- Entertaining video lessons that explore how to develop and apply soft skills
- Lessons quizzes designed to test employees' comprehension of the concepts
- Chapter exams that assess comprehension of developing soft skills and the application of soft skills in the workplace
- A final exam that tests employees' grasp of the entire course
How It Helps
- Improves workplace communication: Having your employees learn soft skills strengthens workplace communication and creates a more productive environment.
- Encourages creativity and teamwork: This course examines ways to foster both critical- and creative-thinking skills and also encourages successful collaborative efforts among workers.
- Enhances leadership qualities: Lessons in this course help your managers and supervisors improve their leadership qualities by softening their interactions with individuals they manage.
Developing Soft Skills
- Defining soft skills and determining how they affect the workplace environment
- Understanding emotional intelligence and how it relates to leadership
- Developing skills to improve interpersonal interaction
- How to provide positive feedback
- Ways to effectively give and respond to constructive feedback
Applying Soft Skills in the Workplace
- How to create open communication in the workplace
- Developing teamwork skills among employees
- Defining the term critical thinking
- Creative vs. analytical thinking
- Understanding the importance of personal accountability, adaptability, flexibility and initiative
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- 3 Soft Skills That You Should Make Sure All New Employees Have
- How to Become an Employee Training Specialist
- Online Communication Skills Course Information
- Communication Skills Training and Education Program Information
- Flashcards - Employee Training & Motivation
- What HR Can Do to Improve Trust Among Employees
- Online Communication Skills Continuing Education Courses
- Flashcards - Management Skills
- Online Time Management Courses and Training Programs
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Universities Offering Phd Distance Education
- Health Information Technology Degree Top School with a Health Information Technology Program - Spokane WA
- Top Network Security Degree Program - Westminster CO
- Top School for Becoming a CAD Drafting Professional - Thornton Colorado
- Where Can I Find Information on Different Colleges
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses