- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 12
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Customer Service? - Definition, Types & Role in Marketing
Course SummaryHelp your employees develop stronger customer service skills by utilizing this helpful course. Our short video and text lessons are easy to follow and cover both the 'soft' and 'hard' skills required for those who work in customer service.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Because they work directly with clients who are having problems, customer service employees are one of the most important aspects of any business. This course explores the skills and knowledge required to help a customer service team perform at an optimum level.
How It Works
The course consists two chapters, each divided into lessons that include multiple-choice quizzes. Employees can access the lessons on their own, or you can use them for group training.
Useful features in this corporate training course include:
- Illustrated lessons that can be viewed from a computer, smartphone or tablet
- Written lesson transcripts with key topics and terms highlighted
- Short lesson quizzes that can spark discussion in group training sessions
- A chapter test on vital customer service skills, such as self-control and communication
- A chapter test examining the role of behavioral psychology and positive language in customer service
- A comprehensive final exam to look at the employees' understanding of this course's information
How It Helps
- Helps retain customers: By understanding sound customer service practices, employees can help to satisfy customers, which can result in good long-term business relationships.
- Develops problem-solving skills: Brief lessons demonstrate techniques for handling various types of customer service challenges, and lesson quizzes provide an opportunity for discussion among team members.
- Promotes standard practices: All customer service team members need to understand basic practices and policies so their actions will be consistent and appropriate.
- Provides job objectives: Using this course lets customer service team members know what 'hard' and 'soft' skills they should possess and how to acquire them.
Fundamental Customer Service Skills
- Types of customer service skills
- Necessary 'soft' and 'hard' skills
- Communication skills
- Knowledge of services and products
- Characteristics of a positive attitude
Key Customer Service Skills & Strategies
- Ways to personalize customer service
- Persuasive techniques
- Methods of handling challenges
- Development of standard customer service procedures
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Jobs that Require Customer Service Skills
- How to Become a Customer Service Supervisor
- How to Become a Customer Service Agent
- IT Jobs Without Customer Service
- Courses for Aspiring Customer Service Professionals
- Online Customer Service Courses and Training Programs
- List of Free Online Customer Service Classes and Lessons
- Careers that Require Strong Communication Skills
- Jobs that Require Strong Communication Skills
- College Activities That Develop Important Soft Skills
- Top University for a Degree in Business Administration - Anaheim CA
- Economics Degree Top Rated Business Economics Degree Program - Baltimore MD
- Sonography Top School for Becoming a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer - Pittsburgh PA
- Top Ranked Surgical Technology School - San Jose CA
- Health Information Technology Career Education in Sandy, Utah
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses