- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 178
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Reading Comprehension?
Course SummaryIt's easy to get ready to take the Discover Health Occupations Readiness test with the easy-to-follow resources provided in our study guide course. Each topic you'll be tested on is covered in our professionally designed, fun video and text lessons so you can feel confident on test day.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
22 chapters in Discover Health Occupations Readiness Test: Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This course uses brief video lessons and interactive quizzes to help you review the content that will be tested on the Discover Health Occupations Readiness Test. Each chapter in this course focuses on a different topic that may appear on the exam, including those related to language, science, reading, and mathematics. This comprehensive study guide will detail each of the following subjects:
- Reading comprehension and text analysis
- Literary forms and genres
- Reference materials and text and graphic interpretation
- Consumer information and how to use it
- Grammar and punctuation rules
- Sentence and paragraph structure
- Basic math operations and financial math
- Word problems in math and basics of algebra
- Data interpretation and measurement types
- Life science, genetics, human anatomy
- Chemistry and scientific reasoning
- Energy in physical science
About The Exam
The Discover Health Occupations Readiness Test is taken before you enter an adult allied health program. This test is meant to determine how well you understand the basic concepts of math, reading, language usage, and science that health educators see as important foundations for program candidates. You will have 105 minutes to answer 85 multiple-choice questions (including 10 unscored questions) divided between the four main categories of science, reading, mathematics and language use.
Preparing & Registering for the Discover Health Occupations Readiness Test
You may use this study guide as a comprehensive review for all the content that may be covered on the Discover Health Occupations Readiness Test. These chapters feature brief video lessons that present all relative information to you, and you may practice utilizing your knowledge by taking the self-assessment multiple-choice lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
Registering for the exam varies from school to school, but begins with creating an account with Assessment Technologies Institute, the makers of the exam.
Scoring the Discover Health Occupations Readiness Test
Although there are 85 questions on the Discover Health Occupations Readiness Test, only 75 of them are scored, as 10 are unscored pretest questions. There are four main sections of the exam and each composes a different percentage of the exam. Your scores are automatically sent to the school where you took the test, but if you wish to have them sent elsewhere, you can pay an additional fee.
Number of questions: 21
Time to complete: 29 minutes
Exam topics covered: Paragraph and passage comprehension, informational text comprehension
What you'll learn: Within this study guide, you will review reading comprehension, analyzing text passages, interpreting text and graphics, and understanding consumer information.
Number of questions: 15
Time to complete: 26 minutes
Exam topics covered: Numbers, operations, algebraic applications, measurement, data interpretation
What you'll learn: These chapters will help you review solving word problems, basic math operations, financial math, algebra, data interpretation, and types of measurement.
Number of questions: 24
Time to complete: 33 minutes
Exam topics covered: Human body science, life science, scientific reasoning, earth and physical science
What you'll learn: This course's lessons will address life science, genetics, human anatomy, chemistry, scientific reasoning, and energy in life science.
English and Language Usage
Number of questions: 15
Time to complete: 17 minutes
Exam topics covered: Structure, spelling, punctuation, grammar and word meanings in context
What you'll learn: You may use this study guide to review grammar, punctuation, and sentence and paragraph structure.
Discover Health Occupations Readiness Test is a registered trademark of Assessment Technologies Institute, LLC, which is not affiliated with Study.com
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- GED Practice Test: Easy Ways to Practice the GED Test
- More Than Half of SAT Test-Takers Not Ready for College
- How to Study for AP Tests
- EPPP Test Preparation & Resources
- CNS Test Preparation & Resources
- NMTA Test Preparation & Resources
- TACHS Test Preparation & Resources
- CPCE Test Preparation & Resources
- ACT Test Preparation & Resources
- CGAP Test Preparation & Resources
- Video Game Development and Programming Associates Degree Programs
- Bachelors Degree in Pharmaceutical Management
- Bachelor of Arts BA Journalism Degree Overview
- Distance Learning Course in Financial Management
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology BSIT Computer Information Systems Degree Overview
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses