- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 114
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Cybersecurity? - Definition & Principles
This course can be found in: DSST Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 30+ DSST study guides, and 4,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryPrepare for the DSST Ethics in Technology exam with this self-paced study guide course. The course's lessons and quizzes are designed to get you fully prepared to earn a high score on the exam, which can then result in transferrable college credit.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related DSST Courses
About This Course
If you're planning on taking the DSST Ethics in Technology credit-granting exam, use this comprehensive test preparation course to review all of the technology concepts you'll need to know. The course offers bite-sized lessons and practice assessments that go over topics that appear on the exam, such as big data, cybersecurity, encryption, viruses, technology ethics, cybercrime and much more. You can review this online course whenever it's convenient, which makes it easy to incorporate adequate studying time into your schedule.
Check out our DSST test prep materials! We've got DSST courses to teach you the material, comprehensive DSST study guides to help you study, DSST practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational DSST resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
This course is closely aligned with the concepts that you'll likely encounter on the DSST Ethics in Technology assessment. As you work through the course, you'll refresh your knowledge of cybersecurity methods, as well as a variety of legal/ethical issues related to technology. When you're finished with the course, you should be able to:
- Discuss the basics of cybersecurity, data security and network security
- Explain privacy matters surrounding cyberspace, big data and data mining
- Recognize national threats against cybersecurity
- Assess the fundamentals of malware, viruses and cybercrime
- Describe legal issues in the world of cyberspace
- Understand the functions of encryption in cybersecurity
- Address the ethics of technology, technological innovation and the IT profession
Inside the course, you'll find 13 topical chapters and a total of 114 lessons. You can review these lessons at your own pace, and we've included plenty of practice quizzes to help you check your understanding of the material. The course also has a final exam to help you assess your readiness for the DSST Ethics in Technology exam.
DSST Ethics in Technology Exam Information
DSST exams offer individuals a low-cost method for earning college credit. If you pass the DSST Ethics in Technology exam, you could earn 3 lower-level baccalaureate credits that are accepted by over 1,900 colleges and universities.
- Number of Questions: 100
- Question Type: Multiple-choice
- Time Limit: 2 hours
- Exam Cost: $85
DSST Ethics in Technology Exam Breakdown
|DSST Ethics in Technology Exam Concept||Percent of the DSST Ethics in Technology Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Cyberspace and privacy||21%||21||24|
|Domestic and international security||21%||21||31|
|Legal issues in cyberspace||21%||21||31|
|Technological innovation and ethics||17%||17||10|
DSST Ethics in Technology Exam Preparation and Registration
This course was designed to make your test preparation experience simple and convenient. From your course dashboard, you can take the course in sequence or jump to the specific chapter topics you want to study. Watch the lessons online and print the accompanying transcripts to reference later. You're encouraged to take the accompanying self-assessments to reinforce your understanding of the information, and if you have any questions along the way, you can submit them through the course's Ask the Expert feature.
To begin the registration process, you can locate a nearby Prometric testing center on the official DSST website. Once you select your testing center and the exam you wish to take, you'll complete your registration on your scheduled exam date. To make sure your institution accepts DSST credit, be sure to check your school's credit-by-exam acceptance policy.
DSST is a registered trademark of Prometric, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Do I Have to Take College Entrance Exams to Earn Transfer Credit?
- College Student Uses Free Courses and the CLEP Exam to Earn Low-Cost Credits
- Earning Low Cost College Credit with the CLEP Exams
- Schools that Accept DSST Transfer Credit
- What Does Course Level Mean for Transferring College Credit?
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- How CLEP Exams Work to Earn a Debt-Free College Degree
- Can I Transfer Remedial Credits to My College?
- Which Colleges Will Accept All My Transfer Credit?
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses