- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 109
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Ivan the Terrible and the Making of Russia
This course can be found in: DSST Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 30+ DSST study guides, and 4,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryIf you're planning on taking the DSST History of the Soviet Union exam, use this study guide course to prepare quickly. These fun lessons and self-assessments help you quickly review all of the information that you'll likely encounter on the exam.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related DSST Courses
About This Course
Take this convenient and mobile-friendly test prep course to get ready for the DSST History of the Soviet Union exam. You can finish the course in a few weeks, pass the exam and earn 3 transferrable college credits. You'll view dynamic, entertaining and informative lessons that cover important topics from the history of the Soviet Union. You can expect to study Russia's Revolutionary Period, Stalinism, the fall of the Soviet Union and much more. The bite-sized nature of the lessons allows you to quickly review and retain the information, and the course is available to study at any time that's convenient.
Check out our DSST test prep materials! We've got DSST courses to teach you the material, comprehensive DSST study guides to help you study, DSST practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational DSST resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
This course is closely aligned with all of the concepts that you'll find on the DSST History of the Soviet Union exam. These simple lessons highlight important terms, and you can expect to increase your understanding of the Soviet Union's major historical figures, dates, events, conflicts and political leaders. When you're finished with the course, you'll be able to:
- Summarize the history of Russia from the 16th century through the 18th century
- Outline the main events and leaders of Imperial Russia
- Evaluate the causes, main events and impacts of the Revolutionary Period in Russia
- Analyze the reign of Joseph Stalin of the Soviet Union
- Assess the Soviet Union's involvement in WWII
- Describe the aftermath of WWII on the Soviet Union and the beginnings of the Cold War
- Explain the life and impact of Nikita Khruschev and the events that occurred during his reign
- Recognize the events that occurred during the Brezhnev period of Russian history
- Compare the Cold War proxy wars and explain their relation to the Soviet Union
- Identify the causes, events and impact of the fall of the Soviet Union
This course is comprised of 93 lessons that are divided into 11 chapters. Using an engaging teaching style, our expert history instructors explain the history of the Soviet Union in a way that's easy to understand and remember. In addition to the short video lessons, you'll take interactive self-assessment quizzes to help you reinforce your understanding of important historical events, figures and concepts.
DSST History of the Soviet Union Exam Information
This DSST exam is worth 3 upper-level baccalaureate college credits. These credits may be able to count toward your college's general education requirement for history. If you're a history major, this test can help you test out of a semester-long Soviet Union history course.
- Number of Questions: 100
- Question Type: Multiple-choice
- Time Limit: 2 hours
- Exam Cost: $85
DSST History of the Soviet Union Exam Breakdown
|DSST History of the Soviet Union Exam Concept||Percent of the DSST History of the Soviet Union Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Russia Under the Old Regime||10%||10 questions||20 lessons|
|The Revolutionary Period 1914-1921||12%||12 questions||13 lessons|
|Pre-War Stalinism||13%||13 questions||6 lessons|
|The Second World War||14%||14 questions||7 lessons|
|Postwar Stalinism||11%||11 questions||8 lessons|
|The Khrushchev Years||10%||10 questions||4 lessons|
|The Brezhnev Years||10%||10 questions||14 lessons|
|Reform and Collapse||20%||20 questions||12 lessons|
DSST is a registered trademark of Prometric, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- New to Blended Classrooms? Here Is Your Quick Start Guide
- Getting Your College Degree As Quickly As Possible: Making a Plan
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- Corrections Officer Exam Information
- How Do Quick Degree Programs Work?
- Jobs that Require Quick Thinking
- How to Help Students Conduct Self-Assessments
- Compass Exams
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses