- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 105
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Introduction to Personal Finance
This course can be found in: DSST Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 30+ DSST study guides, and 4,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryUse the lessons in this course to ensure you have a quality understanding of DSST Personal Finance concepts. The course's bite-sized lessons and self-assessments can help you improve your grades, prepare for an exam or boost your personal finance knowledge.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related DSST Courses
About This Course
Study personal finance, banking, taxes, investing and other financial concepts by reviewing this entertaining course. The lessons simplify the process of understanding topics covered in DSST Personal Finance. Whether you're interested in learning about checking and savings accounts, economics, consumer credit, personal insurance or estate planning, this course has you covered! Short quizzes, chapter exams and a comprehensive course exam are available to assess your understanding of these personal finance topics.
Check out our DSST test prep materials! We've got DSST courses to teach you the material, comprehensive DSST study guides to help you study, DSST practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational DSST resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
This course can provide benefits to a wide variety of students, military members and educators.
- Lessons in this course ensure students have the personal finance knowledge they need to get closer to their goal of earning college credits.
- Servicemembers interested in earning college credit can learn from expert instructors online by accessing personal finance lessons on their base or anywhere with an Internet connection.
- Teachers looking to keep students engaged in the classroom can do so with ease thanks to video and text lessons that can be reviewed in a few short minutes. Teachers can also use multiple-choice quizzes to assess students' understanding of personal finance.
- Tutors can benefit from mobile features that enable them to work with students in any location by accessing lessons, quizzes and exams via any computer, smartphone or tablet.
- Students learning personal finance for credit or general knowledge can boost their understanding by submitting any lesson topic questions to our experts.
- Personal financial planning introduction
- Checking and savings accounts for personal use
- Basics of personal credit and loans
- How to plan for major purchases
- Why personal insurance is important
- Types and risks of interest rates
- Personal taxes and investing
- Estate planning and saving for retirement
- Skills needed to manage money
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Should I Become a Personal Trainer? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Major in Finance? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Is a Career in Finance Right for Me? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Only 42% of High School Seniors Are Proficient in Areas of Personal Finance
- How Study.com Helps You Improve Your Grades
- List of Free Guitar Courses and Lessons
- Personal Organization Classes and Courses Overview
- Personal Computer Training Programs and Courses
- Online Personal Assistant Courses and Classes
- Personal Banker Courses and Classes Overview
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses