- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 283
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Astronaut Food Lesson for Kids
Course SummaryIf your elementary school students need extra help in earth science class, have them work through this engaging and kid-friendly supplemental course. The course offers fun lessons and assessments that can help your students bring up their grades and get ready for upcoming exams.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
|Course Progress||Best Score|
|Lesson 1 - Robben Island Facts: Lesson for Kids||Take Quiz|
|Lesson 2 - Galapagos Islands Facts: Lesson for Kids||Take Quiz|
About This Course
Elementary students can learn and review essential Earth science subjects with this online course, including weather, geology, astronomy and more. The lessons are designed to be entertaining and easy-to-understand, which helps students quickly learn and retain each lesson's definitions and concepts. Students can also make sure they've taken away the most important information from each lesson by completing multiple-choice self-assessment quizzes.
How It Works
- Students who need help memorizing Earth science definitions can easily find bolded vocabulary terms on screen and in the included lesson transcripts.
- Lessons can be watched and studied as many times as needed.
- Students looking for specific Earth science topics, such as insects or climates, can quickly find the information they need with an easy-to-navigate course Dashboard and video timelines.
- Lesson transcripts and text lessons are included to supplement the learning experience.
- Students can see how well they understand Earth science concepts by taking the included lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
Using the Course
This Earth science course is a affordable and effective learning resource that can help elementary school students improve their knowledge of important Earth science topics. Parents and teachers can customize the course based on their student's needs and the course material can be accessed at any time from any computer or mobile device.
Parents and teachers will find this course useful for several academic situations:
- To help students study for upcoming tests
- To help students complete homework
- To use as an interactive in-class learning resource
- To supplement Earth science textbooks
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Help Students Conduct Self-Assessments
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Medical Courses and Classes for Undergraduate Students
- How Peer Work & Partnering Up Can Help ADHD Students
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- 5 Lessons to Help Your Students Understand the Elections
- Help Desk Analyst Courses and Classes Overview
- Extra Financial Aid Only Helps Students Likely to Drop Out
- Online Computer Science Courses, Classes and Schools
- Online College Courses for High School Students: Course Overviews
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses