- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 96
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Five Basic Tenets for Teaching Reading
Course SummaryReview these chapters about education topics to discover more about different teaching approaches and methodologies geared toward reading. This course provides an extensive study aid designed specifically to enhance and expand upon what you are learning from your Education 212 textbooks and lectures.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Get a focused and in-depth overview of how to improve student reading skills, including discussions about the pros and cons of different approaches, activity ideas, and organization strategies, by using this Education 212: Approaches to Teaching Reading course. Our team of education instructors have created this series with both text and video lessons to help you get a better grasp on these topics. We even include self-assessment quizzes, allowing you to measure how well you understand vocabulary-building, literacy strategies, general reading instruction, and more.
The lessons provided in this course have a wide range of uses for students, teachers, professionals, and parents.
- Students in education courses can use these lessons as a way to catch up on any missed lectures, or to get more details about teaching strategies that were discussed during class.
- Teachers of educational strategies may direct students to this course for supplemental learning, and teachers may use our lessons directly in their own classrooms.
- Professionals who need continued education training may utilize this course as a way to expand their knowledge or update their skills in relation to promoting student reading comprehension.
- Parents who wish to be more involved with their student's education may consider using these lessons for self-enrichment as a way to better understand the different strategies for improving the literacy of younger learners.
- Teaching fluency, word analysis, and phonics
- Methodologies for teaching reading
- Instructing new readers about vocabulary
- Improving student reading comprehension
- Resources and materials for teaching reading
- Promoting student reading enjoyment
- Reading instruction and learning styles
- Factors that influence fluency and reading skills
- Comprehension and reading skills assessment
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Why Every Student Needs Extensive Reading for Language Learning
- Instructor Uses Study.com's Online Educational Videos to Enhance Classroom Learning Experience for Students
- Hot Topics in Education
- Health Education Teaching Programs with Course Descriptions
- Distance Learning Career Education in Cybercrime Studies
- Landscape Design Education: Courses and Classes Overview
- What Can You Do With a Masters in Reading Education?
- How To Replace Textbooks With Study.com Courses
- Free Online Art History Courses, Lectures & Learning Materials
- List of Free Online Aviation Courses, Lectures and Learning Materials
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses