- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 114
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Educational Psychology: Applying Psychology in the Classroom
Course SummaryWork through our lessons and quizzes in this Educational Psychology for Teachers course at your own pace to earn professional development credits. Video and text lessons are accessible on any mobile device so your review is easy, flexible and can be completed at any time that works for your schedule.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
9 chapters in Educational Psychology for Teachers: Professional Development
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How It Works
Earn professional development credits to renew your psychology teaching license with Educational Psychology for Teachers. Brush up on educational psychology topics so you can better teach psychology and other related subjects. Learn on your own schedule and at your own pace. You can complete this course in under two weeks - perfect for teachers who need to earn psychology credits in a hurry!
- Watch engaging video lessons about learning and behavior.
- Check your knowledge of things like cognitive development and behavioral theory with practice quizzes and exams.
- Ask clarification questions from our expert psychology instructors.
- Earn three college credits by taking the CLEP Educational Psychology exam.
Always check with your school district or state Department of Education to ensure that the course credits will be accepted before beginning the course. CLEP credits are accepted by over 2,900 schools and directly by many state departments of education.
Who's It For?
Educational Psychology for Teachers is ideal for any teachers looking to earn credits to use toward licensure renewal. The flexible, self-paced format makes it easy to fit your studies into a busy schedule. The course is fully online, so you can study anytime, anywhere. This course also benefits:
- Psychology teachers who want to brush up on educational psychology
- Teachers who want to incorporate engaging educational psychology videos into their instruction
- Teachers planning an educational psychology unit or course
- Aspiring psychology teachers
Why It Works
- Fun and Engaging: Animations and interesting examples make educational psychology easy to learn.
- Expert Instructors: Expert psychology instructors break difficult concepts down so they are easy to remember.
- Practice Makes Perfect: Quizzes and practice exams let you review educational psychology terminology and key concepts and track what you've mastered.
- Quick and Flexible: Learn on your own schedule and on any device. You could earn psychology credits in less than two weeks.
- Access our full library of professional development courses for teachers, including Abnormal Psychology for Teachers, Social Psychology for Teachers, and Research Methods for Teachers.
- Find 10,000 engaging lessons that you can use in your classroom or assign out to students.
- Watch more lessons in educational psychology as well as biology, sociology, health, and other related topics.
- Earn transferable college credit for dozens of courses.
Evaluate This Course
After you've worked through all or part of the course, please share your feedback with us! We take the quality of our lessons and courses very seriously and appreciate any comments on how we can improve your experience. If you'd like to let us know how effective you found this course, please fill out our survey by clicking on this link.
Course Plan for Earning Credit in Less Than Two Weeks
Follow this course plan if you want to complete Educational Psychology for Teachers and be ready to earn transferable credit in about a week. For each chapter assignment, take all of the lesson quizzes and the practice chapter exam at the end of each chapter. If you miss any questions, review the video lesson to master the concept.
|Day||Chapter||What You'll Learn|
|Day 1||Chapter 1|
|History and Educational Aims (psychology in the classroom, basic psychological perspectives, students with disabilities, qualities of an effective teacher)|
Developmental Psychology in Children and Adolescents (basic principles of development, stages of cognitive development, social constructivism, stages of moral development)
|Day 2||Chapter 3||Motivation in Learning (the importance of motivation, Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, social-cognitive theory, learned helplessness)|
|Day 3||Chapter 4||Assessments of Learning (qualities of good assessments, product vs. process, basic statistics, use and misuse of assessments)|
|Day 4||Chapter 5|
|Cognitive Perspective in Psychology (the two-store model of memory, categorizing memory, short-term memory, types of information transfer)|
Behavioral Perspective in Psychology (the Law of Effect, classical and operant conditioning, Little Albert)
|Day 5||Chapter 7|
|Research Design and Analysis (types of research design, experimental design, inferential statistics, research ethics)|
Instructional Pedagogy (instructional strategies, expository approaches to teaching, classroom management)
|Day 6||Chapter 9||Individual Differences in Children (measuring intelligence, types of intelligence, impact of parenting styles)|
|Day 7||Final Exam||Take the practice final exam to see what you've mastered and make sure you are ready to earn credit for educational psychology|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Educational Psychology Quizzes
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Professional Development Courses for Teachers
- Educational Psychology Videos
- List of Free Online Acting Courses, Classes, Lessons and Workshops
- List of Free Online Chinese Language Courses and Video Lessons
- Psychology Quizzes
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- How Online Courses Work Video
- List of Free Guitar Courses and Lessons
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses