- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 26
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Delegation in Management: Definition & Explanation
Course SummaryYour employees can develop the delegation necessary for supervisors in this informative and user-friendly course. Use this course to lead your own corporate training workshop or have your employees access these materials themselves, whether at home or work, on a smartphone, laptop or tablet.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This corporate training course covers effective delegation skills for supervisors in a series of lessons, quizzes and printable lesson transcripts. A variety of delegation subjects are highlighted in this course, including an introduction to delegation, delegating tasks, delegation within teams and management of the delegation process.
How It Works
Our course is made up of chapters on delegation that your supervisors can study at their own pace. In each chapter, we've included lessons, videos, quizzes and a test that covers all the topics included in the chapter.
You'll find resources that include:
- Short lessons outlining delegation topics for supervisors
- Self-assessment quizzes with each lesson
- Chapter tests on the delegation topics covered in that chapter
- The comprehensive final test that encompasses all the subjects included
How It Helps
- Builds confidence: Supervisors who understand how to effectively and successfully delegate tasks are more likely to feel confident doing so.
- Promotes efficiency: Once your supervisors can delete tasks to their teams and team members, they'll have more time to complete other important supervisory tasks.
- Encourages cohesiveness: Your teams will benefit from having a strong leader at the head who knows how to delegate tasks and responsibility among team members.
Use this course to teach your supervisors how to:
- Understand delegation
- Detail the processes used in task delegation
- Oversee delegation within teams
- Manage delegation successfully
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Access Classes, Courses and Training Programs
- How to Become an Employee Training Specialist
- Overview of Glass Painting Courses and Workshops
- List of Free Online English Courses and Workshops
- List of Free Online Acting Courses, Classes, Lessons and Workshops
- List of Free Online Creative Writing Courses, Classes and Workshops
- List of Free Online Poetry Courses, Workshops and Classes
- List of Free Home Health Aide Training Materials and Courses
- List of Free Online Airline Training Courses & Learning Materials
- List of Free Online Electrical Training Courses and Learning Materials
- Master of Business Administration MBA Financial Planning Degree Overview
- Facilities Engineering Education and Training Program Information
- Associate of Arts in Business Administration AABA Criminal Justice Administration Degree Overview
- Equine Veterinarian Training
- Bachelor of Science in Investigations and Policing Program Overview
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses