- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 43
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Defining Problems to Create Solutions
Course SummaryUse this course on effective problem solving for supervisors to train new employees, lead a corporate training workshop or ensure your staff have the correct knowledge. The lessons were written by experienced educators, and they're accessible 24/7.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
In this engaging corporate training course, you'll find a series of lessons on effective problem solving for supervisors. Just a few of the topics presented in our mobile-friendly format include the basics of problem solving, defining a problem, the problem-solving process and continuous improvement in problem solving.
How It Works
In this online course, we've provided chapters grouped together by subject and made up of short lessons. Your employees can learn problem-solving techniques while at work or at home.
The resources provided include:
- Short, self-paced lessons on effective problem solving for supervisors
- Multiple-choice quizzes included with each lesson
- Tests at the end of each chapter for assessment
- A comprehensive course test that covers all the material presented here
How It Helps
- Details concepts: The importance of critical thinking and finding solutions to business problems are explored to ensure your supervisory teams clearly understand them.
- Simplifies training: Provide this course to train new hires or those newly promoted to management to give them a self-paced, mobile-friendly and comprehensible resource.
- Builds confidence: Your supervisors and managers will have more confidence in completing their job duties when they understand how to effectively solve problems in business.
Use this course to ensure your supervisors know how to do the following:
- Detail the fundamentals of problem solving
- Outline problem-solving processes
- Understanding how to define a problem
- Discuss critical thinking in the workplace
- Identify and evaluate solutions to business problems
- Explain continuous improvement in the area of problem solving
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Corrections Courses, Classes and Training Programs
- EMT Training in New Orleans, LA with Course and Program Info
- List of Free Online Acting Courses, Classes, Lessons and Workshops
- 7 Tips for Correcting Your ADHD Kid's Behavioral Problems
- Local Art Classes, Workshops and Training Program Overviews
- Training Courses for Desktop Publishing in New Jersey
- News Production Training Program and Course Information
- Emergency Training Course in New York with Program Information
- Plumbing Course in New Jersey with Training Information
- Paramedic Training in New York with Course Descriptions
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses