- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 15
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Why Communication Matters in the Workplace
Course SummaryUse this corporate training course to help your employees master the communication skills necessary to create a productive team environment. Our compelling video lessons teach various techniques that your employees can put to immediate use in internal and external communications.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Effective workplace communication skills help employees express their thoughts and listen to other team members while avoiding time-wasting misunderstandings. This course focuses on the positive impact of strong team communication on cooperation and productivity as well as provides definitions and examples of communication skills.
How It Works
Employees can watch this series of short corporate training lessons either in the office or while on-the-go using a laptop or mobile device. Each video is short, around 5 minutes apiece. Lessons are taught by experienced instructors in an engaging, conversational tone to make learning fun.
Helpful training features offered in this course include:
- Lessons designed to illustrate effective communication skills
- Video tags that can be used to jump to main points within a lesson
- Quizzes with each lesson so employees can self-check their grasp of the materials
- A chapter exam on organizational communication, what it is and why it matters
- A chapter exam on the communication skills necessary to work collaboratively
- A final exam that covers all course materials and helps you assess your employees understanding of effective team communication
How It Helps
- Enhances productivity: Your employees will learn how a team that communicates well can achieve more together in less time and reduce misunderstandings so more time is spent moving forward toward achieving team objectives.
- Increases performance: These lessons show employees how good communication skills can strengthen their own job performance as well as the performance of their team.
- Builds awareness: Employees will learn not only effective speaking skills, but also useful listening and nonverbal communication skills.
Communicating in a Team Environment
- Importance of effective workplace communication
- The role of organizational communication
- Communication types
- Four elements of effective workplace communication
- Technologies that support group communication
Communication Skills in the Workplace
- Team communication
- Defining and creating open communication
- Audience-centered communication
- Four types of effective listening
- Overcoming listening barriers
- Five functions of nonverbal communication
- Factors of ineffective group communication
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Become an Employee Training Specialist
- 5 Techniques That Can Help You Improve Your Employees' Ability to Learn
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Flashcards - Employee Training & Motivation
- Salary for Masters in Corporate Communications Graduates
- Corporate Communications Course and Class Descriptions
- 3 Techniques You Should Be Using to Retain Your Employees
- Communications Videos
- How Company Culture Can Help You Retain Employees
- 3 Soft Skills That You Should Make Sure All New Employees Have
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses