- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 13
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Internationalization & Globalization of Businesses
Course SummaryEquip your managers with the skills and knowledge needed to work within a global business environment with this Understanding the Effects of Globalization in Business course. Our corporate learning resources are accessible 24/7 so you can arrange training sessions that fit your employees' schedules.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Understanding the cultural dimensions of the business world, the digital world and the world at large are crucial in order to thrive in the global market. This course is made with management professionals and their teams in mind in order to educate them on the cultural values and communication strategies required to find business success internationally. Each lesson is accompanied by a quiz that can be used as a tool to verify understanding within the company culture and assure a heightened sense of awareness and respect for the global mindset.
How It Works
Lessons are ideal for training sessions because they give management teams a chance to learn and discuss how to apply a global business model to their company. Each chapter is made up of a short series of video lessons that can be accessed on demand from any mobile device, making them invaluable resources for your employees working abroad. Our tagging system makes it easy to quickly review an important section before stepping into a crucial meeting.
Core features of our course include:
- Brief, yet comprehensive video lessons designed to educate and enrich management professionals
- Clickable links and tags that provide easy access to specific topics covered during the video lesson
- Lesson quizzes, chapter exams and a final assessment that can be administered individually or in-session as a team-building activity
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: In order to do business in the international market, companies must be in tune with the global mindset. Culture permeates virtually every level of an organization in the ways that professionals interact and operating environments function.
- Enriches companies: See how this course educates and equips managers to apply the global mindset to company staff. Managers will learn to plan, organize and implement diversity in their departments and to interact with foreign partners.
- Promotes success: The globally conscious company will understand how their operating environments are affected by globalization and how to operate successfully in the international market.
Features of a Global Business
- Internationalization and globalization effects on businesses
- Effects of the global mindset
- Operating environments: domestic, foreign and abroad
- Influences of globalization on the supply chain
- Organizational structure and culture
Global Business Management
- HR interactions with employees across the world
- Responsibilities and characteristics of managers in international business
- Team culture abroad
- Hofstede's theory of cultural dimensions
- Benefits of diversity training
- Technology's impact in global careers
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Global Business Strategy Classes and Courses
- Global Business Management Courses in Las Vegas with Degree Info
- Online Universities for Global Business Management: How to Choose
- How to Fit Learning Into Busy Holiday Schedules
- Corporate Law: Overview of a Corporate Law Course for Business Majors
- Business Office Manager Classes and Courses Overview
- Online Business Administration Courses, Classes and Training
- Online Business Writing Courses and Training Programs
- Business and Technical Writing Training Programs and Courses
- Business Computer Applications Courses and Training Programs
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses